Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some Kuryakyn Torpedo Lights that have Run-Turn-Brake functionality. Trying to install on my ‘09 1300C. Where do I connect the electrical? I see the harness under the seat but I also see additional fuses/wires under the right cover. Any help is appreciated!

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
I just bought some Kuryakyn Torpedo Lights that have Run-Turn-Brake functionality. Trying to install on my ‘09 1300C. Where do I connect the electrical? I see the harness under the seat but I also see additional fuses/wires under the right cover. Any help is appreciated!
It didn't come with instructions? Oh man that sucks. Someone here should know, but, alas, I am not that someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didn't come with instructions? Oh man that sucks. Someone here should know, but, alas, I am not that someone.
The lights came with wiring instructions, but I'm not sure where on my bike they actually wire to. I see the main electrical harness under the seat and then some additional fuse-boxes and what not under the right side cover. I just can't figure out which spot is for the rear indicators.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
The lights came with wiring instructions, but I'm not sure where on my bike they actually wire to. I see the main electrical harness under the seat and then some additional fuse-boxes and what not under the right side cover. I just can't figure out which spot is for the rear indicators.
Oh, ok. Easy enough. We gotta get you a wiring diagram. A service manual would have one. I will try to find a link.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

I also have these pictures of what I see under the seat and what I see under the right cover. Hope this helps.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
The second pic is the starter relay. Don't mess with it. That first one looks about right. I wired up my trunk lights under the seat and I think I ran into that harness, or one similar. I have an 1800N so it won't be exactly the same as yours. Someone on here had a link to the service manual, for your bike, in their signature line. I'm still looking for it.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
I asked one of the moderators to come to this thread and give us the download link, or whatever, for the manual. Hopefully he will be along shortly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I’ve seen other threads where people discuss the wiring, but it doesn’t seem to match up to what I have in the main harness under the seat (1st pic). I must just be looking in the wrong spot.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
In the meantime just Google the info you need. Google is your friend lol

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
Just for grins, would you please post a pic of the new parts? I'm curious of what they look like. Maybe I would like to have them as well. The stock ones are, well......a bit boring.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
If you have them installed I mean.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wires are under right side cover, that rubber boot that is zip tied to frame , needs to be slid up. All connections are under it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,297 Posts
Service manual in my signature

1 - 13 of 13 Posts