Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i bought half of a christmas present this morning off craigslist, a new sears yellow jack with hold down straps. Price was good, but am unable to find a pdf manual or instructions sheet for it. Seller may or may not find his, so thats a question mark. Does anyone either have manual / instructions for this or can show me where to find it online. Thanks if you can help.
holiday :cheers:
Bry

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if not a manual, instructions on how the jack position locks work, i'm sure i can figure it out, just dont want to take any chances with my 800 lb baby up on it, if you know what i mean. Thanks for answering! :cheers: Bry

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Just jack it up the locks kick in automatically be sure to manually release the lock(pick up the locking lever) before lowering the jack. Don't put the tie downs on until you have the bike where you want it. It is pretty simpleonce you try it a few times. Be sure to balance the bike if you want both tire off the ground. I recommend a stand for major work on the bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bry - I have a copy of the manual. I'll see if I can get it scanned in and posted tonight.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Bear clan :patriot: I never used a bike jack, in the old days we would use a chain hoist or sling. I do know, from having heard some horror stories, make sure the jack is resting on the lock devices, not on the hydraulic system.

Wandering Bear, thanks a lot!
White Bear, thank you much too!
I think i will get a stand from Jeremy asap.
That will be my Christmas present :patriot:
Bry

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
If whitebear can't find his, let me know and I'll scan mine and post it for you. Essentially, you just want to make sure that you jack it to the desired height, then sloooowly turn the handle counterclockwise to release the hydraulic pressure so the weight is on the nearest mechanical stop. You're then staying in the air mechanically,without any strain on the jack hydraulics. To lower, lift the bike a little, unlock the mechanical "safety and sloooowly release hydraulic pressure. Don't neglect to strap your bike down well. It would be real ugly to have it slip off somehow. :eek:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot, TomKat, White bear hasn't emailed me yet with the manual/instructions. It's for things like you mentioned. Not sure where the "safety" is etc, i'm sure i could trial and error it, hehe, without my bike up of course, i'd put my son on it maybe, he's a big guy, but he'd probably fight me, anyway, if u could scan it, send it to me in any form to [email protected] either that or link it somehow.

Thanks for helping :D
Bry

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
As you jack the bike up, it will "click" as it reaches each mechanical stop or "safety" You'll hear and feel it when it gets there. If you haven't gotten your copy of the instructions by this afternoon, PM me and I'll get it to you tonight. It's a very good jack... you'll like it.

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx a lot, tomkat. havent got it yet. It looks like a good jack, and already i thank you for the info you have posted for me. Really appreciate it. its a damn shame sears has it absolutely no where, i talked to 3 separate sears people too. grrrr
take care, Bry :choppersm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, guys, sorry to have taken so long - had some scanner trouble. That'll teach me to buy yet another HP scanner.

Anyway, the scan is too large to upload to this forum, but if you'll IM me you e-mail address(es), I'll send a copy to anyone who want one. I've already sent one to bryanova at the e-mail he provided earlier in the thread.

Let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Hey, Bry: If you haven't gotten whitebear's instructions yet, email me and they're ready to go. [email protected] Ditto to anyone else that might need one.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, guys, sorry to have taken so long - had some scanner trouble. That'll teach me to buy yet another HP scanner.

Anyway, the scan is too large to upload to this forum, but if you'll IM me you e-mail address(es), I'll send a copy to anyone who want one. I've already sent one to bryanova at the e-mail he provided earlier in the thread.

Let me know!
Hi whitebear, no luck yet. you sure are right with the hp printers, they are about tied with lexmark for worst, lol...i have one too :(

tomkat is going to try to send to me, i want to thank everyone on this thread as its a help thread, not an opinion thread and i appreciate any
gestures of kindness and comradeship from Cafe members.

bry :choppersm

ps, is it my imagination, or is it unusually cold in the South??

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thread closed, help provided

Thanks for posting fellow cafers. Tomkat100 was able to send pdf files and they were just what i needed. I appreciate all you guys advice. :icon_mrha
Bry

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
You just need to get 1 of the upper end ones
Like the 3210 all in 1

:patriot:
I've got the HP Photosmart C4680 and it wasn't exspensive but works great. It doesn't Fax but I never fax anyway. I still have my Lexmark all in one too and it works great as well. Not sure why every one complains, my PC and laptop are HP's, hell most of my stuff is HP and it all serves me well.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got the HP Photosmart C4680 and it wasn't exspensive but works great. It doesn't Fax but I never fax anyway. I still have my Lexmark all in one too and it works great as well. Not sure why every one complains, my PC and laptop are HP's, hell most of my stuff is HP and it all serves me well.
I wasn't knocking you or anyone's choices in printers, price is usually what we go by anyway and i dont believe in knocking anyone anyway, its not my style. I just havent had very good luck with HP myself, of course i buy the cheapest i can find anyway :D Just that online reviews dont treat the HP brand very kindly.
I'm glad you have good luck with your stuff Bear. :cheers:
Bry

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I didn't think anyone was knocking me I was merly saying I'vehad goodluck with HP but then I barely use the stuff for more then printing a page out here and there. I keep it simple so I can understand it. I have a drod phone and a tracfone I use the tracfone more just because it's basic and I understand it much better.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you got a good jack, that is for sure. i upgraded from the red craftsman jack to that yellow one and love it! you will not regret your purchase.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, i didnt want you to take my post the wrong way. That can happen sometime, i have seen it happen on the cafe. I hear ya about keeping it simple, me, i ask one of my kids to set my digital watch, hehe and i still have trouble setting my cell phone up, half the time the darn thing only vibrates stead of rings...

you got a good jack, that is for sure. i upgraded from the red craftsman jack to that yellow one and love it! you will not regret your purchase.
One reason i got it was because i saw it on your video, now all i have to do is get the stand from ya :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts