Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Introduction to the group

517 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bumpy 
#1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to say hello to the Triad group and introduce myself. I'm a new rider, well, haven't had a ride in a great long while. Started out with a 68 Honda 90 and graduated to a 70 CL350. Then I graduated to the US Army and a family so I had no time for riding. Now the kids are all grown and my old love came a knocking. I bought a 08 VTX 1300R in Pearl white back in September which is ready for the 600 mile service.

If anyone is getting a ride together, even in the cold weather, let me know.

I go by sledge, bumpy to my grandchildren or anyone else that likes the name.

Bumpy

#2 ·
Hey Bumpy...glad you found the site. You should think about going to the tech session in Maiden this weekend. There will be several VTX cafe'rs there. Me and another guy on the site are meeting at the Denny's in K'ville on Saturday morning and then heading up. You are welcome to join! Just let me know.

Sean

#3 ·
Sean,

Sounds great but I already have plans. One thing, I have to drop the bike off to Ray's to get the 600 mile service completed. I'm sitting on about 650 now so I better get the break-in oil out.

Maybe next time, the tech session does sound great.

Bumpy

#4 ·
Bumpy,

By the way, you might want to post on the general forum for introductions so that everyone on the cafe can say hey. The only people that see this post are the Triad riders that are members of this member group. Just an FYI.

Sean

#6 ·
Thanks Ken, Hope to see you around as well. I generally ride Sat morning and/or Sunday afternoon. So far little short runs, the longest to date about 90 miles. One of my favorites for a short ride is to run out Old Greensboro Road to business 85 to hwy 8/old 52 to Midway then Midway School Rd back to old Greensboro and home.

Bumpy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.