Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

6161 - 6180 of 6208 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My VTX1800 is having an issue with no power to fuel pump. I found I have power at to connection at bottom of fuel cut off relay.I pulled relay per service manual and did test.Jumped one side of relay of battery and not getting 12VDC at Bk/Wt & Br wires.So I assume I have a bad relay. Now the problem is does anyone have an OEM number for the relay. I Called five dealerships and they couldn't find part.I have checked numerous sites looking for part.I can only find relays for that area in wire harness but it doesn't list fuel cut off relay. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
My VTX1800 is having an issue with no power to fuel pump. I found I have power at to connection at bottom of fuel cut off relay.I pulled relay per service manual and did test.Jumped one side of relay of battery and not getting 12VDC at Bk/Wt & Br wires.So I assume I have a bad relay. Now the problem is does anyone have an OEM number for the relay. I Called five dealerships and they couldn't find part.I have checked numerous sites looking for part.I can only find relays for that area in wire harness but it doesn't list fuel cut off relay. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.
Welcome to the Cafe;
You will get more views/responses if you put this post under one of the other forums: IE - Urgent Help!, or VTX 1800 threads...

I can't help you with your problem- but BikeBandit.com and Partzill.com both have great schematics and part ## s for our Bikes.

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
Is it a special relay or will any automotive/bike relay work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Ray,
Just joined the group myself and am trying to get to know sum folks on here. I also wanted to say , you have a very nice ride. I too own a 2006 VTX1300C and love mine. I wouldnt trade it for any other bike out there. Anyway just wanted to say hello and tell you , you have a very sharp bike, take care and ttyl.
toehead9mm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Just introducing myself, as im new to this forum. My name is Toehead9mm, but my real name i go by is Toby. I ride a 2006 Honda VTXC , and I love it. the ONLY thing i dont like is that i wished it had a fuel gauge on it. But anyway , just wanted to say hello to all , and have a great day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum. I’m from NC and recently upgraded from a 1998 Honda Shadow 750 A.C.E. to a 2006 Honda VTX 1300. I’m very partial to Honda but anyway I’m looking forward to getting many ideas to dress my new to me VTX.

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
Welcome. I am also from NC. In which part of NC are you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All, name is PAUL, thejazz96, I have an 1800 VTX TRIKE, 03, and glad to be on here and thanks for the welcome, I have had the bike for couple years now but due to cancer i haven't ridden much until this year, I am hoping to learn about this temperamental thing I own LOL, this can throw some of us ppl for a loop when things go wrong, but I am happy to say I have found thankfully some real good info on your threads and it great to see people helping each other. I will post a picture of the girl if it takes and hope yall can help me figure a few things out. I just did the antifreeze change and thanks to some threads here it helped me thru it. wow who knew the cap was under the tank, lol.. thanks. Yes this is my first VTX but not my last, as I love the power from it, even on 3 wheels. I am looking at doing a FPS on it soon since I just started having some fouling on it, yes i did the plugs and now to move on to the next thing. I am not a newbie to bikes as im 64yo. a Vet, and retired to due to my cancer but wont let that stop me, i am heading hopefully to STURGIS again this year, it will be my 5th time going with a break in between. I have been out to the Little Sturgis Rally twice and that's a hoot, and of course been to all the others around the country but Sturgis SD., holds me close. anyway thanks again for the ad, and I look forward to upgrading to a higher status here $$ and talking more with guys and gals here. yes ladies are hot on the bike if I don't say so myself, and im divorced for the one and only time. LMAO... TTYAS. PAUL Jazz96....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I am a new owner of a 2008 vtx 1300 c.When I start to slow down for a stop the steering gets very wobbly going from one side to the other.Does anyone know of a fix for this.Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
15,868 Posts
Where is your location? Are you in military out of country? It sounds like you have the "death wobble". EVERY 1300 made, came with absolute junk steering neck bearings. $30 for an 'All Balls' kit, and a couple hrs.' work @ a tech session, for free labor, and you'll be good to go again. Use the search feature, and key words 'death wobble'. It'll knock your socks off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Jimmy Spelts here in Eastern Virginia. I ride a VTX 1300T. Greatest bike ever. I am a Nursing professor. Been a nurse over 20 yrs. planning cross country trip this July to Ok then San Antonio then maybe New Orleans then home. Any advice welcome.

·
Deplorable member
7,392 Posts
Hola mon.:coffeecup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am a new old member here, and I'm happy to be back. A car accident caused a neck injury, that prevented me from riding. This year I am doing great and look forward to getting as much wind therapy as possible.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,296 Posts
I am a new old member here, and I'm happy to be back. A car accident caused a neck injury, that prevented me from riding. This year I am doing great and look forward to getting as much wind therapy as possible.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
welcome back, i am unfortunately am taking time off from ridding too, due to a illness, but still hanging out here

6161 - 6180 of 6208 Posts