Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

6201 - 6220 of 6220 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
What a beautiful F you have there. Welcome from the east Texas Piney Woods.

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,047 Posts
Welcome from Washington state, from another F rider!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, this is Donn from out here in Sunny AZ. I used to post up on The Spirit World back in the day before it died out. It made me sad to see that's the way it ended up as we used to get together once a year to run the Dragon and drink insane amount of lord knows what. Currently I'm running the same 2006 VTX 1300C with 87K miles on it. I rejoined this board as I'm looking for some info on some aftermarket parts I'm trying to locate for it, but it's been difficult finding correct fitments for some of the stuff on the older bikes. I'm looking for a new license plate holder with a white led light above it, that I can also run my bullet turn signals though. the pic is what I have been running but I can't find it any longer.

Busted Bracket.jpg Any suggestions?

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,047 Posts
Nate - can you tell me where you got the license plate light and brackets from? I had something similar until it cracked down one side and need a replacement. I've running a 1300C. Thanks.
It's the factory VTX1800F brake light/ license/ turn signal setup, just hacked up and modified in my garage. The license plate frame itself, with the built in LED license plate lights was purchased from J&P Cycles online.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to the cruiser community. I have a new to me 2006 VTX1300C. It came to me a little used and is need of cleaning up, but it's something I enjoy doing over the winter months. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
WillyB here, Massachusetts native, Colorado resident. I've been a metric rider since the 70's. 76' CB360T was my first street bike. Since then ....79' CB750F, 81' CB750C, 93' Intruder 1400, 97' Virago XV750 and 97' XV1100. Still own the XV750 as an around town bike. Just bought a 2007 VTX 1300R and love it !!! Found this site looking for all info VTX and from what I've seen there is a lot of helpful info and People here !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings, all. I'm not an active "post-er", but love the VTX's! Currently I have an '03 1300R, an '04 1300S (R) and an '07 1800N. Been riding street bikes since 1979, & IMO, the VTX is the best bike on the road. Been all over the USA, residing in Atlanta GA at this time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all! Proud owner of a Burnt Orange 04 VTX 1300. I'm down at the bottom of the country, Miami, Florida. Well now I live in Broward County, but we're neighbors. lol.
I'm having a problem with my bike and if anyone can help, that would be great!

I have been pulling my hair these past couple days which lead me to scour the internet and I came across this forum.
Problem: My 2004 VTX 1300 was sitting in the garage for about 8 months. The bike wouldn't start with the battery being completely dead. with a new battery, the bike cranked with choke out, but shut off after closing choke. It also sounded terrible like it was struggling to get fuel.
My solution: Oil Change, Carburetor cleaning, New Spark Plugs.
I thought that should do it. When I put the bike back together I failed to attach the small drain hose to the right rear of the tank (underneath). I cranked the bike, it started, but I damaged the gas hose so it started leaking. I fixed that issue (simple), but then the bike just wouldn't start at all. It has plenty of available gas and I reconnected that small hose to the rear of the tank.
New Problem: I am not getting any gas from the tank to the Petcock.
My Solution: I took the Petcock out to check for any damage and to ensure there was proper pressure/vacuum. Petcock works perfectly. The internal diaphragms are undamaged, the spring is great, there isn't any corrosion at all. I tested the Petcock off of the tank and fuel flows wonderfully.
I put everything back together, and the bike still will not turn over and it is because there is ZERO gas flow.
(Just a bit more info to help me diagnose the problem. I put fuel in the float bowl in the Carburetor, checked the pump and it works perfectly. I plugged the vacuum hose -- the one that connects to the Petcock -- and cranked the bike. Started right up, I even sprayed some carb cleaner in while running.It ran beautifully until the bowl ran out of gas.)
PLEASE if anyone can help me determine what I need to do next, I will be eternally grateful! I do not believe I am getting vacuum to the petcock which will enable the gas to flow in reserve position and when needed in the on position. Where does the vacuum/pressure come from and how do I check for it and fix the issue?

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
5 Posts
How's it going everybody! New VTX 1300C owner here. Paid $2900.00 for mine with 7000 original miles, Cobra exhaust and Pro Charger intake. Bought from the original owner and was sitting covered in the corner of his garage for the last few years. I've replaced the battery and had to take the like new original tires off and have them replaced due to them drying out and cracking. I come from riding a GSX-R750. I got to old and couldn't ride it for very long anymore. I live in the Pacific Northwest and like to ride as often as possible.

·
Super Moderator
10,091 Posts
Replace all the fluids including rear differential oil. May need steering stem bearings changed and carb tuned.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
5 Posts
Yes sir I did the fluids (coolant, oil and diff) and while I had the wheel off I put some new moly paste on the drive splines and cleaned the carb out as when I first got it it would only stay running with the choke on about half way. Not sure about the stem bearings but I will check them out thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Charlie Degener, Toms River NJ.
Been riding since I was 12 .. now 49.
I'm a consulting network engineer .
I bought my VTX 1800 Retro back when they first came out in 2002 to replace my pokey Honda Shadow Aero 1100. Once you have the power you can never go back ! :choppersm
My name is Ray Kirby, I live outside Charlotte, NC. I work as a 911 supervisor in Charlotte. From 1987 to 2002 I worked as a EMT-Paramedic tll a shoulder injury forced me into dispatch.

I bought my VTX after looking at several brands, the X stood out and I bought it July 2003. I ride as ofetn as I cana nd I can't think of a bike I would like better, my wife wants a 1300c now for her.

Enjoy the boards! :coffee:

My bike:
Nice bike, new here in the forum. But this place has helped me in several fixes on my vtx. Previous owner did so much to take care of it (sarcasm).

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300r
12 Posts
Hello, just replaced the original tires on my new to me 2009 VTX 1300r. It feels a bit better but I think I need some racetech springs and a better steering neck bearing.

Can anyone identify the maker of these grips? The left side has a helmet lock but I only have one key for it. I really like the grips and the helmet lock is in a great location.

What is this keyway? I think that's a factory optioned sissy bar but I'm not sure. My ignition key fits and turns the lock, but there is some piece of metal in the way preventing it from doing anything. My ignition key might not actually unlock it which could be why it doesn't move.

6201 - 6220 of 6220 Posts