Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1300c all the mods. Im running an f/p 58 pilot 225 main and the needle clip on #4.Top is good I was wondering if th 60 pilot would give a noticeable increase in the mid power range.
This is my first rejet I'd like get as much out of her as I can, and not to concerned about the milage. Thanks for the help.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I have a 2007 1300c all the mods. Im running an f/p 58 pilot 225 main and the needle clip on #4.Top is good I was wondering if th 60 pilot would give a noticeable increase in the mid power range.
This is my first rejet I'd like get as much out of her as I can, and not to concerned about the milage. Thanks for the help.
Posted via Mobile Device
CharlieD or Gonzo can give much better detail on what works with what but here is some info on what the rpm range is on each piece that Charlie has posted before.

The pilot jet is idle to 1500 rpm
the needle covers from 1500 to around 3500
the main is for wide open throttle.

Edit... never mind Charlie is already on it :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my a/f at 1 1/2 it's running good
Posted via Mobile Device

I have my a/f at 1 1/2 it's running good
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good to know, thanks for your help
Charile I'm glad you know your stuff!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i have 60 slow in mine running spyker mod decap plus holes. jetting is 220 main 4 1/2 clip, 60 slow 1 3/8 a/f. i ran the 58 slow for a long time switched to the 60 slow because in order to get the torque i wanted the a/f needed to be about 2 1/4. switched to the 60 slow and 1 3/8 a/f and love it

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Your good then if you needed around 2 1/4 - 2 1/5 with the 58 then you would go up to the 60.

I needed just over 2 1/4 with the 58 for mine to run correct
i have 60 slow in mine running spyker mod decap plus holes. jetting is 220 main 4 1/2 clip, 60 slow 1 3/8 a/f. i ran the 58 slow for a long time switched to the 60 slow because in order to get the torque i wanted the a/f needed to be about 2 1/4. switched to the 60 slow and 1 3/8 a/f and love it
Hmmm being I can never leave anything alone, even though mine is running great now you guys have me thinking about trying a 60 just for kicks to see if it makes a noticeable difference on mine. :hmm2:
(any ideas where I can get one, or should I just go straight to the FP site?)

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Doug if you have to run other than the Idle drop method setting of the A/F then yes the 60 may work better.

It also took about 80% of my lean surge out at cruise when I had the needle set at the lowest point I could get without hesitation.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Doug if you have to run other than the Idle drop method setting of the A/F then yes the 60 may work better.

It also took about 80% of my lean surge out at cruise when I had the needle set at the lowest point I could get without hesitation.

that described my situation. idle drop put me abot 1 1/2 - 1 5/8. had slugish torque. had to set the a/f about 2 1/4 to get the torque i liked but it made the idle mix way to rich. went to 60 slow and idle drop set me at 1 3/8. idle mix is good and the torque is amazing

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts

Thanks Charlie, I guess I should probably just leave it alone then being it runs great from idle to top end with no surging at any speed.

(my set up)
With the open Spectre filter I'm running the 215m, 58p, 4th notch and I've got the a/f set at 2 turns (which is about a 1/4 turn more then the idle drop required just because I prefer to have it on the fat side vs lean.)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Thanks Charlie, I guess I should probably just leave it alone then being it runs great from idle to top end with no surging at any speed.

(my set up)
With the open Spectre filter I'm running the 215m, 58p, 4th notch and I've got the a/f set at 2 turns (which is about a 1/4 turn more then the idle drop required just because I prefer to have it on the fat side vs lean.)

i think you should try the 60 when i was running the spectre i wish i would have tried it
the low end torque increase going from the 58 to the 60 was quite dramatic.

curious if at 2 turns out if there is any carbon builup on the base of your plugs

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
i think you should try the 60 when i was running the spectre i wish i would have tried it
the low end torque increase going from the 58 to the 60 was quite dramatic.

curious if at 2 turns out if there is any carbon builup on the base of your plugs
I guess for what a single jet cost's it sure can't hurt to try it. I don't use the bike for daily transportation so the mpg isn't really an issue, but... I do love me some torque so if there's more to gain I'll be sure to go after it :D

On the plugs, they were a nice brown at 1-3/4 but I only have about 30 miles on it set at the 2 turns so I'll have to get some more riding in and take another look at them.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I guess for what a single jet cost's it sure can't hurt to try it. I don't use the bike for daily transportation so the mpg isn't really an issue, but... I do love me some torque so if there's more to gain I'll be sure to go after it :D

On the plugs, they were a nice brown at 1-3/4 but I only have about 30 miles on it set at the 2 turns so I'll have to get some more riding in and take another look at them.

as for fuel eco when i was running the 58 i was getting about 34 mpg when i switched to the 60 it went up to 40 +

what does the base of the plug look like right where the threads are

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
as for fuel eco when i was running the 58 i was getting about 34 mpg when i switched to the 60 it went up to 40 +

what does the base of the plug look like right where the threads are
When I was at 1-3/4 turns I got about 38 to 40 around town & upwards of 43mpg on the hwy at a true 70mph, I haven't ridden it enough yet to know if that's changed now though. At 1-3/4 turns the base of the plug was a dark brown borderline black but not carbon fouled at all (the electrode has always stayed a nice brown/tanish color) so I'd say I do have some room to go a little richer without any problems.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
When I was at 1-3/4 turns I got about 38 to 40 around town & upwards of 43mpg on the hwy at a true 70mph, I haven't ridden it enough yet to know if that's changed now though. At 1-3/4 turns the base of the plug was a dark brown borderline black but not carbon fouled at all (the electrode has always stayed a nice brown/tanish color) so I'd say I do have some room to go a little richer without any problems.

thanks the reason i asked was when i had my a/f set at 2 or higher the plug started to get carbon buildup

so the 60 slow allowed the richer slow jet area for the torque i wanted and allowed me to set the pilot screw correctly while maintaining the awesome torque and no carbon buildup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts