Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a new metzeler for the back of my bike. since the very first ride it has wobbled between 20 and 40 mph. i have talked with the dealer and discussed what to do. i told him i would change steering bearings due to it being a common issue. the bearings were changed handles better but wobble still there. ive checked all bearings. even bought a new front tire it was wore. i talked with him again and he said he would talk with parts unlimited about replacing it. they basically told him to piss off. i called today and he said he would have to eat the price of a new tire. i told him if he does not to get a metzeler. i also thought about a counter offer. i really like the dealer i deal with and believe i should share the cost of both of us getting ripped. i want to offer this deal. when the tire is changed if the problem is fixed i will pay half price for the new tire. if its not fixed i will pay full price for the tire. full price is more than i would ever pay for a tire there. I've always gotten tires for cheaper than the best internet deals and free mounting. i hate getting ripped for the price of a tire but i dont want to lay it all on him.

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
What do your Rear Shock Bushings look like. If the Mounting Bolt Head is not centered on the Shock housing, I would replace those before going after the tire.

As for the Deal, sounds pretty stand up on your part and good on ya for being willing to offer it :cheers: :patriot:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shock bushings are new nylon mcmaster carr.

dot is lined up correctly. tire is balanced with no weights. dyna beads were put in at the change. first thing i did was take them out. didnt help.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much beads? at least 3 ounces in the back tire is best. more if there is a heavy balance issue...

there was no balance issue the tire was perfectly balance without the dynabeads. i put 3 oz in it

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds like a tire to me. sometimes a belt will slip and you get a wobble kind of like he is talking about. I hope that will take care of the issue for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts