Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Faith Fears Not
75 Posts
My grandson got hit on his VTX1300S and the floorboard cut a hole in the cover. We took it off and cleaned it with Acetone and fix the hole from the inside with "J. B. Weld Industro". It worked great and didn't leak a drop of oil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My grandson got hit on his VTX1300S and the floorboard cut a hole in the cover. We took it off and cleaned it with Acetone and fix the hole from the inside with "J. B. Weld Industro". It worked great and didn't leak a drop of oil.
Thanks for the tip. But I need a replacement. Currently still looking.

·
Faith Fears Not
75 Posts
Thanks for the tip. But I need a replacement. Currently still looking.
You're welcome. My grandson said he had to have a replacement until I repaired the broken one. His covers hole was low and therefore noticeable after the repair though unless you lay down and looked up. I'm sorry yours is not as easy Those covers hard hard to come by used and new there $260.95 from Bikebandit

1:COVER, L. CRANKCASE 11360-MFR-670
1 Ships within 1 to 2 business weeks $357.29 $260.95

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome. My grandson said he had to have a replacement until I repaired the broken one. His covers hole was low and therefore noticeable after the repair though unless you lay down and looked up. I'm sorry yours is not as easy Those covers hard hard to come by used and new there $260.95 from Bikebandit

1:COVER, L. CRANKCASE 11360-MFR-670 1 Ships within 1 to 2 business weeks $357.29 $260.95

Yes. That is the cheapest I have found. Though I may end up going that route, I'll keep trying to find a part out bike. I'm in no hurry.
Thank you!

·
Faith Fears Not
75 Posts
Try here his response was which cover so I am not certain he has it. I guess he may not know left from right so precede with caution
14:40 October 15, 2020
[STEVE] Steve's Cycle Inc, Tifton, GA
(229)386-8666
BIKE: 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R/C
PART: Crankcase Cover, LH

·
Faith Fears Not
75 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts