1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Could you leave the bike on the jack? Also, I have read the Sears is not low enough for some VTX's.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
check out the video on this site http://www.goheengarage.com/products.html and see if you like the jack that is used. It is the sears pro and costs 179. Many Cafe posters use this jack
I have the Sears Pro, and love it! :mosh:

Interesting. Could you leave the bike on the jack? Also, I have read the Sears is not low enough for some VTX's.
I have an 1800C and the Sears Pro (with the bike on the kickstand) slides right under it and lifts with no problems. It's a one man job very easy to use. Good luck!!! :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ya gotta buy the yellow one.

There are locks at various heights which take the weight off the hydraulic jack and will hold the bike up for a very long time

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use a motorcycle jack I bought at Harbor Freight which is on sale a lot of times for 89.99. I think it works really well, never had any issues with it holding up the bike.

Only:$109.99
Sale:$89.99

·
Registered
875 Posts
Advanced Discount Autoparts has one for 99 bucks but if you Google "advanced discount autoparts coupons" there is a coupon code for $40 off a purchase of 100 or more.

Search for "motorcycle jack" on advanced's website and add it to your cart, type in the code and you have the option to pick up in store or ship. The out the door price is like 65 bucks i think.

Now about clearance, stagger 4 or 5 pieces of plywood like a ramp and rail a 2x4 in the back to stop the tire. Roll the bike up on it, put the kickstand down, roll the jack underneath, and your golden...

Cheap jack with no clearance issue...

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
I use the Sears yellow jack. No clearance problems at all. With the mechanical lock, leaving it up has presented no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts