Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went on my first ride with a jacket I bought from LeatherUp.com. It has a removable liner but even with the liner out and the vents open it was unbearably warm when riding in town. The weather is a beautiful sunny 75 degrees but the jacket still felt like I was wearing a winter jacket. Once I hit the open road the jacket felt fine.

The link to the jacket is : http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcy...Jacket-with-Level-3-Advanced-Armor/56276.html

I would like to find one that has body armor but is better ventilated.

I would like to keep the price economical but I am willing to pay for quality. Any suggestions?

·
High-Tech *******
1,039 Posts
If you can find them around grab one of the Power trip VTX mesh or textile jackets. I have one and can wear it all the time. It's got 2 vents up front and the liner zips out. It gets pretty hot when you're not moving but other than that I have no complaints.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got a Silver, size large, VTX mesh powertrip jacket. Brand new with tags. If you end up wanting that and size L fits you let me know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have an xelement armored/textile jacket similar to yours. You will love it early spring and fall. Also if you happen to get caught in the rain these jakets keep you dry. If you have rain pants, that jacket and a full face helmet, your good in the rain. We get some hot humid summers here so I bought a mesh xelement with armor also. I really like these xelement jackets. In fact I also bought an armored leather jacket. All were very cheap compared to others. I have seen no quality issues and they seem to fit me well. Since I don't use the textile jacket in the summer or fall I did buy an xelement rain suit that I keep in my saddle bags. The rain suit does take up a lot of room but it is a good piece of mind. You can always get 10% off coupons on line, just search Leather up coupons. Also everytime you buy something they send you a 10% off coupon code/card so it pays to buy your stuff from them.

Well, I am a cheapskate so I like getting good deals.

Bill

·
Registered
329 Posts
Leather up sells a all black mesh jacket for 69 bucks, it has a zip out full sleeve liner and armor, I just got mine last week, w the liner out its as cool as just wearing a t shirt, for the $ ya can't beat it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
What ever brand you get, get a mesh jacket for summer, leather for winter. Most mesh/textile jackets come with rain and/or insulated liners.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Tourmaster Draft is pretty good... I have one, and it's served me well in South Florida in August 100+ degrees
The best jacket I've seen (but it's expensive) is Vanson Leather's Mesh jacket - My wife has one, but we got a great deal on it, I'm still considering getting myself one.

When I gets really hot, I soak a T-shirt underneath the jacket the evaporation cools you down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
+1 on the VTX Power Trip Jackets. I have the mesh and wear it all the time when its warm out. Just take the liner out in seconds and good to go.

I also have the leather one and its good for colder weather.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge. I'm also trying to determine the best jacket for the conditions I'll encounter. Unfortunately in Idaho, it can be 80+ in the valley and suddenly down into the 60's at the higher elevations. Hate to carry 2 jackets so will likely look for something with a zip out liner etc.. Guess I can always carry a fleece vest/liner in the saddle bags.

thanks again...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
What ever brand you get, get a mesh jacket for summer, leather for winter. Most mesh/textile jackets come with rain and/or insulated liners.
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge. I'm also trying to determine the best jacket for the conditions I'll encounter. Unfortunately in Idaho, it can be 80+ in the valley and suddenly down into the 60's at the higher elevations. Hate to carry 2 jackets so will likely look for something with a zip out liner etc.. Guess I can always carry a fleece vest/liner in the saddle bags.

thanks again...
I have a Joe Rocket exactly what Jon described. If it gets cool, I can zip the rain liner back in to cut the cool breeze.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought and returned the same jacket, but for me it was a size issue, I normally wear a 3xl, I ordered 5, and still no go... I need a diet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts