Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an exhaust mod to get more deep sound without buying new pipes? I keep seeing references to a "Clayton mod." What's that? Thanks, guys.

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
drill the back of the pipes, but they will last maybe a couple month! then you will go to the aftermarket pipes!:patriot:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
yep, +1 with bass dude. and also, +1 bono. i've always had aftermarket exhaust on my bikes, but was wanting to hold off for a while when i bought the new x. i did the clayton root mod (before i knew it was the clayton root mod and before i was a member on this site). it does sound much better than stock and is rather easy to do. it will give you a deeper and more mellow tone than the stock and you will like it. i'm just so use to having after market pipes, i still had to change them out. the clayton does sound good though

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks so much... but WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IN @#$%^ THE CLAYTON MOD IS?????
It is drilling the back plate on your exaust pipes. It reduces the back preassure. I'm in huntsville and have done this. If you want to come by you can hear mine. I'm off work all week. I got the drill bits also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts