Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Jetting 2005 s pipe change w/hypercharger

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Shag64 
#1 ·
I enjoy riding on vtx 05 s, but pipes too loud. Hearing Sensitive rider wants to replace longshots with stock exhaust 1300 2005 s question on carb though

the longshots were set up with a hypercharger when purchased, runs good as is.

Question is: if I install stock pipes and leave on hypercharger will this require any mods to the carb setting? I suspect so but possibly someone has experience with this issue.

Thanks for any assistance, Jim

#2 ·
It is really impossible to predict. Your only option is to change the pipes and see what happens.

#3 ·
As long as the carb is properly setup for the Hypercharger, you shouldn't have to mess with the carb when you change pipes. But as @Vinish said, the only way to be sure is to go ahead and change the pipes.

Remember to get new exhaust gaskets, and be sure to remove the old ones (they may not look like they are there, and are a pain to remove). Also, don't mess with the carb settings until you have properly seated the new exhaust (may take a few hot cold cycles with retorquing to 17 ft lbs). This may fool you into thinking it is the carb.

#5 ·
I have a stock exhaust from an 05 1300R sitting in my garage. Complete, brackets, and all. You can have it if you pick it up or pay shipping. PM me.

#7 ·
I enjoy riding on vtx 05 s, but pipes too loud. Hearing Sensitive rider wants to replace longshots with stock exhaust 1300 2005 s question on carb though

Question is: if I install stock pipes and leave on hypercharger will this require any mods to the carb setting? I suspect so but possibly someone has experience with this issue.

I maybe shooting myself in the foot but, I am going to say most definitely ....YES ! The stock pipes do not flow as quickly nor with the volume as the longshots will . I would think that you will have to drop the idle and main 1 jet size each probably drop the needle 1 space. Nothing that is hard to do, any idea what jets are in the carb. now?

#8 ·

Okay try bathels you already have it jetted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.