Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well, I've began my journey down the path to the dark side!

Yesterday I placed my order for 1 Yokohama Avid Envigor, through Discount Tire Direct after calling around town looking for someone that sold it locally (and yes, got to hear everyone's opinion about putting a CT on a Motorcycle as well as some rather humorous opinions on the matter).

I got the tracking info today and I should have my tire Friday evening! I'm on night shift this week so I won't be able to do anything with it until Saturday when I get up... I'm anxious to get it mounted and broke in! I'm also looking forward to getting to "Wrench" on my X some more as I remove the back wheel for the first time. I also ordered 80 degree valve stems and some Dynabeads so as soon as it all gets here, I'll be set to go! vtxpreacher knows someone local who will mount it, so it would appear I'm all set once I get the shipments in! :mosh:

I'll update this post as my journey takes me farther down the path to the dark side and even though it won't be nearly as in-depth as Cage SC's write up, hopefully it will have some benefit for someone else preparing or trying to decide if they will take the path.. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get some milk for my cookies when they arrive!

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
I'll be very interested in how you like it. Good luck and please let us know. :mosh:

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
Congrats, but you'll be sorry... Sorry that you didn't do it sooner, that is...

:cheers:
So you're saying that I should......I mean you think I could maybe.....I was just thinking that......

Hell, I wanna be like you and Tim. I'm going to get me a truck tire. :mosh:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
So you're saying that I should......I mean you think I could maybe.....I was just thinking that......

Hell, I wanna be like you and Tim. I'm going to get me a truck tire. :mosh:

You may want to specify that you want to be like me, as far as going Darkside... You may want be careful with that statement in other ways though... :)

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
You may want to specify that you want to be like me, as far as going Darkside... You may want be careful with that statement in other ways though... :)

Good point. I'll be more specific from now on. Did you get my response to the Gastonia thing?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.. or else people are going to start thinking you want to eat livermush.. :)

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
Yeah.. or else people are going to start thinking you want to eat livermush.. :)
Oh, to be sure, I love livermush. I'm a relative Livermush-o-rama. I would ride all the way to Gastonia just to eat livermush, eggs and grits.

Now I know that Spoiler owns the Cafe Livermush World Title ( and I respect that without question) but I was raised on the stuff. :D

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, to be sure, I love livermush. I'm a relative Livermush-o-rama. I would ride all the way to Gastonia just to eat livermush, eggs and grits.

Now I know that Spoiler owns the Cafe Livermush World Title ( and I respect that without question) but I was raised on the stuff. :D
Were you involved in that whole livermush / scrapple conversation a while back? I LOVE scrapple, which I believe is similar to livermush somehow.. in fact I just looked it up and someone said the difference is livermush MUST have liver in it while scrapple can have liver in it or not..

My parents are in Pennsylvania visiting relatives right now and they usually bring some scrapple home when they make that trip so I'll be having me some scrapple soon!! :mosh:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Good luck with the conversion. I'm gonna stick with my store bought cookies though.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck with the conversion. I'm gonna stick with my store bought cookies though.
Thanks Wayne.. Can't wait to try it out in the curves of Cheaha!! :mosh:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Were you involved in that whole livermush / scrapple conversation a while back? I LOVE scrapple, which I believe is similar to livermush somehow.. in fact I just looked it up and someone said the difference is livermush MUST have liver in it while scrapple can have liver in it or not..

My parents are in Pennsylvania visiting relatives right now and they usually bring some scrapple home when they make that trip so I'll be having me some scrapple soon!! :mosh:
Without liver in it, scrapple is crapple in my book.. just say'n... :spank:

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Without liver in it, scrapple is crapple in my book.. just say'n... :spank:
Really? Hmm.. :hmm2: that might be worth a trip with G3Truks to Gastonia if you think you convert me!

Just don't end up like the last guy that tried to keep up with me in the twisties.

Wow!! Looks painful! Did that really happen trying to stay up with you or are you pulling my leg?

Ok, got my 85 degree vale stems and my Dynabeads...

All I need now is my Yokohama tire!!:mosh:

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
Really? Hmm.. :hmm2: that might be worth a trip with G3Truks to Gastonia if you think you convert me!

Just say when but not when it's real cold. I'm an old guy. :choppersm

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Wow!! Looks painful! Did that really happen trying to stay up with you or are you pulling my leg?

Nope , that was up on Crow Mtn. We were all riding pretty hard. This guy was on the tail and I noticed he wasn't in my mirror anymore. Turned around and went back up the mountain a ways and he was standing on the side of the road. He had went down in a hairpin curve. Had a scaped knee and a bruised ego. His bike was still on the side of the road at that time. In my panic I was trying to make a u-turn on the uphill side of a 30 degree grade and that's when I dropped my bike. No damage on mine. But when Rod let go of his that's when it went off the side of the mountain. We had to get a wrecker up there to pull it out. It had mostly cosmetic damage but he rode it home.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Nope , that was up on Crow Mtn. We were all riding pretty hard. This guy was on the tail and I noticed he wasn't in my mirror anymore. Turned around and went back up the mountain a ways and he was standing on the side of the road. He had went down in a hairpin curve. Had a scaped knee and a bruised ego. His bike was still on the side of the road at that time. In my panic I was trying to make a u-turn on the uphill side of a 30 degree grade and that's when I dropped my bike. No damage on mine. But when Rod let go of his that's when it went off the side of the mountain. We had to get a wrecker up there to pull it out. It had mostly cosmetic damage but he rode it home.
Wow! Lucky he or either one of your bikes didn't get hurt worse than they did!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
My tire was delivered right before I had to leave for work..

tomorrow I'll remove the rear wheel and take it to get it mounted!

Hard to tell from my phone.. Is that picture way too big?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts