Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Gmax 68S. Its a full face helmet that is really nice and not alot of cash. I feel like Darth Vader at times. I really enjoy the full face when there are alot of bugs out or its cold. I am looking for a more free feeling without going helmetless. I figure a half helmet would be nice. It also has a pull down eye shield. I wear glasses so that makes it nice and easy. With 9.99 shipping I got this for under 70.00. Its the cheapest I found on the net.

Here is the website.... http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/cruiser/open+&+1~2+helmets/g+max_gm55+helmet+with+retractable+sun+visor+-+skull#

:mosh:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Looks great! :mosh: Sure will be easier to hear the tunes. :choppersm

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
That's a nice helmet and a great website. I also have a GMax 68S that I love. I'll be replaceing my half helmet this coming spring (it's also a GMax full dresser) No complaints with it either but like you, I'm interested in the pull down, hidden visor as well.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a nice helmet and a great website. I also have a GMax 68S that I love. I'll be replaceing my half helmet this coming spring (it's also a GMax full dresser) No complaints with it either but like you, I'm interested in the pull down, hidden visor as well.
For the 68S did you get the extra smaller tint that lays over the clear shield?

Looks great! :mosh: Sure will be easier to hear the tunes. :choppersm
Hell ya...

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts

No, I didn't. Do you have that? If so, how do you like it? I just replaced the two front vents and bought a new face shield (the silver one) that is amazing! I still need to replace my clear shield as well.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

No, I didn't. Do you have that? If so, how do you like it? I just replaced the two front vents and bought a new face shield (the silver one) that is amazing! I still need to replace my clear shield as well.

I also have the smoke mirror shield. I do like the extra tint that goes over the clear shield. Its great I dont need to worry about night riding. I just flip up the tint and Im all set...

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Really cool looking helmet. I've been thinking of going with a half helmet next summer and look forward to reading any reviews on it after you've had it a while. Seems like a good price to!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, so I just got thsi helmet today. I didnt ride with it yet however I did try it on. It seems really comfy and doesnt make me feel like I have a mushroom head. Here are a few pics. The full face is the Gmax 68S. I posted pics f=so you can compare the look of the half vrs full face. Oh, the helmet comes with a snap in (I dont know what they call it but) ear cover and it also covers some of the back of my neck. The only thing this helmet can use is a snap on the end of the chin strap so you can secure the excess. It does have a way to secure it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Cool! I really like it. :mosh: So the ear covers come completely off? :hmm2:

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Yep you're right about the needed snap on the half helmet, so, I added one to mine myself. I'll be replacing my half with another one, cept the next one will have the sunvisor. Gmax didn't make thoses when I bought my first.

Also, I ride with the ear/neck shield on all year round. It cuts down on the wind noises and keeps my hair from floating around my facial area. I can also switch my DIY helmet speakets from my FF68S to the half helmet as the ear covers have little pockets. (At least my old one does, also it zips on and off instead of snaps on)

Looks great! :mosh:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so I went for a good 40 mile ride with varying speeds. The flip down visor has a little wind curl behind it. Its a bit annoying but I would rather have that than a full face. There is always a give and take with different helmets! I hit speeds up to 70 and I didnt feel like the half helmet had any pull to it(it didnt feel like it was catching air and wanted to fly off) The snap in ear cover worked well. I had just about as much wind noise or a bit less than my full face. The plus was I can hear alot more things around me, plus the great rumble of my pipes! All and all i really like the half helmet!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts