Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K. a rant. I am fed up - well more than fed up and there is little I can do about.

It happened again the other day. This incident just happened to be with PayPal. I tried to make a purchase through PayPal and indicated I wanted the package shipped to an address other than the verified one. Well seems NewEgg won't do this, ok, no big deal except it locked the PayPal account for some reason. I have never tried to verify my PP account so I thought this might fix the problem it didn't - no biggie really - so I called PayPal.

This is where this incident of really pissed off begins. I call in and get another one of these "read the little black book outline of questions and answer" people who CANNOT SPEAK English where you can understand and CANNOT UNDERSTAND English when you talk back to them. I went 20 minutes trying to get something accomplished and just finally hung up in total frustration after this "person" kept trying to solve a problem I didn't have. Called back a few minutes later when I cooled down only to get someone on the other end that was way worse than the first. It took 10 solid minutes of demanding to talk to a supervisor to get one.

The supervisor - who could actually speak English where you could understand just couldn't fathom why I wanted to talk to her. She wouldn't listen either - just placated me with cooperate cliches. But the one thing it did accomplish - I got my problem solved in about 2 minutes when communicating with someone who could actually talk where I could understand and they could understand me.

I have nothing against anyone ( legal ) trying to earn a living. I do have something against companies who force me to deal with slave level wages labor who are not English literate trying to solve my problems with a product or service that I pay good money either directly or in fees to have work.

I have made a conscious effort to immediately ask for an articulate English speaking supervisor when dealing with any level of consumer services with any company. I have refused to talk with anyone who cannot converse with me.

Maybe if everyone made a practice of this we could get something changed.

I am all for profits - but profit at the expense of service and lessoned value for the dollar spent - I just can't cotton to.

If you could just not buy from companies or get services from companies that do this it would be one thing, but it is the norm now instead of the exception. Nearly everyone outsources or hires cheap call center help.

Sorry for the rant .... just tired of speaking to illiterate seemingly brainless mouths with a body attached.

Does this bother anyone besides little narrow minded me ?

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
I know the feeling.

Last time this happened to me I was on the phone for an hour I couldn't understand anything that southern bell was saying yes was someone from the southern states and they don't speak English as I was taught it.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
You are most certainly not on your own on this matter....:banghead:

funny thing is that this subject was discussed during breakfast here today.....if I can't undrstand the person on the other end of the line I immediatly ask for an English speaking supervisor.....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I agree totally with you, and i'll add something even worse..go into a store or coffee shop or donut store or 7-11 and order something. I expect language and understanding to be difficult when i am in a non english speaking country I DONT EXPECT THE SAME PROBLEMS COMMUNICATING IN MY OWN COUNTRY!!! and why not?

Bry:drunk:

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
You are most certainly not on your own on this matter....:banghead:

funny thing is that this subject was discussed during breakfast here today.....if I can't undrstand the person on the other end of the line I immediatly ask for an English speaking supervisor.....
And, with time, the whole World will be speaking English. Except in the U.S. where some Latino dialect will prevail.

Geezer

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I refuse to play the languge game on the phone. I have hung up dozens of times and call back until I get someone I can understand. When I get an English speaking American the problem is usually solved in a few minutes. There needs to be laws for this purpose.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I refuse to play the languge game on the phone. I have hung up dozens of times and call back until I get someone I can understand. When I get an English speaking American the problem is usually solved in a few minutes. There needs to be laws for this purpose.
I don't think it should be a law... We have too many laws on the books already. It should just be good business sense... Boycot the non-english speaking companies, and the problem AUGHT to be fixed...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Me too! I spent over an hour on the phone with one of those people for the Phillipines to diagnose a problem with a new HP printer feature. I to started out patient and then begin to boil. Finally hungup with out getting anywhere. Two days latter I got a call from someone that could speak good English and had much more technical knowledge than the first "skirt".
This was a case where the problem was truely on their end of the server and they finally got it to work.
Then about a day later got an email for a survey of how customer service was handled for me...............................I let them know!! :mad:

:patriot:

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I believe there is actually a law that when you ask for an English speaking supervisor, they have to comply, as long as it is an American owned business.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I hate dealing with those that can speak clearly. As for a law, yes there should be one!!! My grandmother came from Russia (or somewhere over there....she was a "Russian Jew" according to my dad) and I didn't know that she wasn't born in the states untill I was 16. She didn't have an accent and spoke very well. My understanding is when Hitler was coming into power she and her sister left. They had to speak English to gain citizenship. Why are citizenship exams, drivers tests, etc. etc. written in a foriegn (sp) language? If I vacation out of the country, I'm expected to speak the language of the land I'm in, why do I need to speak/understand something other than English when I was born and raised here and that's what I've been taught? Schools teach English as a second language now days, Why?? Shouldn't it be the first language if it's in an American school?
Ok. I'm done ranting now. YES!! I agree with you rjtmac!!!

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
I know the feeling. I had Direct TV installed a couple years ago and they sent out a guy that I just could not understand. He spoke mexican (come on, it is NOT spanish) and just could not communicate with me without my having to have him repeat things over and over. His installation was terrible as he stapled all the cable on the OUTSIDE of my fascia board. When I asked him to remove it and put it on the under side out of sight he had no clue as to what I was asking so i grabbed one end of hte cable and stripped it off. I sent him away and called Direct TV and told them to send someone out that can SPEAK F**KING ENGLISH. They did. This new guy could not believe what the first one did including drilling a hole through my stucko about 3.5' off the ground in the middle of the wall.

Press ONE for English? I don't think so.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Went to Wal-mart on Sat. to find a few things. Super Wal-Mart actually, and asked a stockboy where some things were and after a half a minute of the deer in the headlights look, I said forget it and found someone who spoke English. Problem solved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts