Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the sound for the most part. At highway speeds it could sound better and might from behind, but overall very pleased.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you have baffles installed?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
4 posts.....lets get another one in and then post up those Pic's and point us to a sound file.....
You'll love your pipes...I have them as well.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I did for the first time the other day on a very rapid deceleration followed by hard braking. Just the usual idiot cager that ran a stop sign. Scared the crap out of me as it's never done that before. I have heard that others get this on occassion as well but if you are getting it every time, I would say there is an issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am going to install these this week on my 2007 1300r. Did you have to use any washers behind the acorn nuts? If so, what side did you use?

Thanks in advance.

Victor

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you want a little more sound, take your baffles out (easier said than done, unfortunately) and cut them. I started out with mine all the way out, but it's too choppy, so I cut the baffle down to 3/4 original length, sounded alright but I wanted more. So I cut the baffle in 1/2 and love the sound I have now. It's louder but not too loud (for me!).
Congrats on the new pipes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts