Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had mine up to 105 for just a brief moment but it had a lot of poop to go. The speedo reads 150mph. Any one push the limits and try to peg it out? In a safe mannor of course.

Joe :choppersm

·
SILVER BULLET
264 Posts
Just how fast can the 1800 go
OOOOOOO-KNOW here we go again,:stirpot: The only true way to see how fast an 1800 will go is for you yourselve go find a safe spot and do it. People on here, that we all like seem to strrrrrrrrench the truth.:coffee: I'm sure THERES people on here that have hit the electronic limiter in second gear before, wth 3 more gears left, lol I know for a fact my 1300, I've had it at almost 115 on the speedo.:mosh: so that might be about 110 ish because my speedo is off about 5 mph. So I could imagine that the 1800 will do 120-125 or maybe a bit more if you swap out the rear end to the 1300 rear end. peoples answers on here may not be all true but they are all amusing:D.
:choppersmBUT ONE THING THAT WE VTX OWNERS CAN ALL AGREE ON IS........ HONDA SHOULD HAVE PUT A 6TH GEAR IN THERE. I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GEAR. :DLMAO:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
There's a thread on here somewhere with a link that has a chart for all different bike's performance.

They list HP, Torque, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, top speed, etc.

Anyway, the top speed for an 1800 is listed at 135. I think that's pretty accurate based on the threads I've read here. I've only had mine over 100 a couple times and not for very long. It doesn't take long to get it there.

The chart seems pretty accurate too as far as all the different speeds, specs.

It lists the 1800 at 90 horse which seems to be the consensus, and 0-60 at about 3.5 seconds, which also is what I've experienced.

The biggest problem is finding a safe place to go that fast- and not get a ticket.

You could always go to a track and get timed. Have Fun, but be careful....:patriot:

·
SILVER BULLET
264 Posts
The rev limiter that people hit in the lower gears is not the same as the speed limiter
My bad BASS let me rewrite that
I'm sure THERES people on here that have hit the SPEED LIMITER in second gear before, wth 3 more gears left..:D

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I'm sure THERES people on here that have hit the SPEED LIMITER in second gear before, wth 3 more gears left..:D
So you think an 1800 will do 135 mph in 2nd gear?!?!...While I'll agree they're badass bikes, I don't know about 135 in 2nd gear badass!!...LOL!!...

Disclaimer: Peoples claims may not be accurate as to be taken as truth...:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
They won't hit that in 2nd gear, the rev limiter will kick in way, way before that. (I know because when I first got it, it pulled so fast I hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd a few times and there is no way I was anywhere near 130miles)

·
Registered
182 Posts
OOOOOOO-KNOW here we go again,:stirpot: The only true way to see how fast an 1800 will go is for you yourselve go find a safe spot and do it. People on here, that we all like seem to strrrrrrrrench the truth.:coffee: I'm sure THERES people on here that have hit the electronic limiter in second gear before, wth 3 more gears left, lol I know for a fact my 1300, I've had it at almost 115 on the speedo.:mosh: so that might be about 110 ish because my speedo is off about 5 mph. So I could imagine that the 1800 will do 120-125 or maybe a bit more if you swap out the rear end to the 1300 rear end. peoples answers on here may not be all true but they are all amusing:D.
:choppersmBUT ONE THING THAT WE VTX OWNERS CAN ALL AGREE ON IS........ HONDA SHOULD HAVE PUT A 6TH GEAR IN THERE. I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GEAR. :DLMAO:D
Mine can see over 120 pretty easy, 110 is nothing, just ask the HD's i pass:D
Steve in Ct:cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 05 Neo hit 130 and wouldn't go any more. Have only had the Tourer up to 110 with Mama on the back.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Had my 1300S up to 120. Was trying to see how fast I could get it up to and don't know if I ran out of road or gonads..........it's been a long time. About a month later, I took my Ducati down the same road and hit 130. I know it had more but again, I didn't.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have hit 130 and it was started the top drone noise, it likely would have got another 5 and then knock it back off for speedo being out about that amount. All I know is the valkerie next to me was creeping away. It is very humbling at that speed.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts