Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
221 - 240 of 284 Posts
Maybe. That's entirely possible. I locked up both front and back earlier this week on dry pavement in an emergency stop.(really hot woman on sidewalk distracted me from stoplight) I skidded for a bit. She smiled.
Didn't mean to start anything here, although I appreciate the civil discussion. You guys rock.:drunk:
The HOnda brakes are truly awesome. Tho' I didn't like the linked aspect at first, It made itself very welcome after having to use'm to their fullest capacity. Very smooth but, firm. The thing stops on a dime!
While I like to read and think about physics, mechanics, and such....as a layman, I really appreciated Duug's comment..."This thing stops on a dime!" Lol, considering they're heavy and fast...good to hear!

That being said, I'm open to reading some good discussion re: stopping power. Carry on..:cheers:

Did the thread die because I was being an arse? I didn't mean to do it, I still feel bad about it...:doh:
After a couple months of mornings still respecting everyone, I hereby award myself this trophy publicly to show my self awareness...

Trophy Figurine Award Statue

It's all good. Folks come & folks go on this site. New ones usually ask the same questions. Not a real issue. BTW thanks.

Reactions: nate6966
It's all good. Folks come & folks go on this site. New ones usually ask the same questions. Not a real issue. BTW thanks.
I'm not new here but I will be doing an oil change soon, what's the best oil to use?:icon_flam

Braking, is partly parts, tires and SKILL..... I have lifted my rear tire off the ground on my VTX on track day's....

and YES trail braking is possible with Honda Linked brakes.

it is also possible to do MAX braking with the bike leaned over hard in a turn.. I have done is a few times.

Learn, School, practice, practice, practice.

Braking, is partly parts, tires and SKILL..... I have lifted my rear tire off the ground on my VTX on track day's....

and YES trail braking is possible with Honda Linked brakes.

it is also possible to do MAX braking with the bike leaned over hard in a turn.. I have done is a few times.

Learn, School, practice, practice, practice.
Impressive! I've GOT to get more practice and confidence in hard braking. It could have saved me some heartache had I been able to do some max braking during a strong lean...

Fast enough to die, get a ticket and for your Guardian Angel to tap you on the shoulder and ask you, What are you thinking. :swoon:

Reactions: PaXman11
I guess this means that 125 on the by-pass is a no-no...

Track days do not have Police.... go as fast as you dare.... brake as hard as you wish...

ask at local track.. if a club have "Fun Days" maybe able to add-in for a small fee. so much Fun.

and YES, I am really 65... get over it. :)

65 is a posted speed limit, not an 'age', LOL.

I remember 70 before "Dick" made 55 the max... a few places in Ohio now have 70 again.

that reminds me..... best song.... "I can't Drive 55" even had several bumper stickers :) aka Sammy Hagar....giving credit.

to the POST,, can not say what my "F" will max out at.. but have hit the rev limiter in 5th.... but my CBR did a true 155....

Joe Walsh....."My Maserati does 185.....I lost my license, now I don't drive."

Hitting the rev limiter in 5th. Dang Bro that's awesome. You da man! :icon_cool: But wouldn't that be maxed out? Or do you have 6th. I only have 5

Hitting the rev limiter in 5th. Dang Bro that's awesome. You da man! :icon_cool: But wouldn't that be maxed out? Or do you have 6th. I only have 5
Yep - hitting the rev limiter in 5th is maxed out (for any VTX1800). On my F model, the digital speedo dances between 144 and 149 when I'm tapping the rev limiter in 5th. Then ya need to adjust for speedo inaccuracy.

221 - 240 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.