Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,040 Posts
there might be 5 more if running a 1300 final :) ( 300 rpms less )
True enough! I'm really curious as to the actual impact a 1300 final drive has. In post #200 (gotta love these long term and long length threads), I noted the option to speed up your bike using the final drive from the 1300. I don't know how much actual mph, plus there's the impact on speed indicated on the speedometer as well, right?

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
the 1300 final on a 1800 is 300 rpms lower... most only feel a difference in First gear. I do not remember the change on the speedometer.

my bike with a different rear tire size is off by 3mph... 180/55R18 stock.. I run 200/50R18.... and have since I had to replace original tire. Elite 3.
I know the difference as I have had 4 different GPS in 7 years. Magellan's do not like motorcycles... Garmin does not mind.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
That wasn't corrected for speedo error, was it?

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
313 Posts
I've riodden my '02 1800Xc to 144 indicated on the oem speedo many times before the limiter kicks in. Sans that I have no doubt it will hit the 150 mark but, ehhh,...she runs plenty fast enough as is.
The real charm is off the line from a dead stop. Very quick till about 100,...then faster bikes finally catch up. By then, I'm already braking for the upcoming red lite.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
I prefer to not add to the police's taking of my $$$. Speed limits are laws, not suggestions. But I hear you, and grin, just prefer not to do it.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
ok.,

I have gone 156.. on a CBR1000F.. on the Mid Ohio Sports car course .....

SO.. there it is. recorded by the speed trap.. not my Honda speedometer.. :)

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
ok.,

I have gone 156.. on a CBR1000F.. on the Mid Ohio Sports car course .....

SO.. there it is. recorded by the speed trap.. not my Honda speedometer.. :)

I see our beloved FORUM is messing up again...
I did not post this twice....

·
Registered
11 Posts
128 and plenty of throttle left but too much traffic and wont push it past 70 at night..too many deer. Did 178 on a cbr900rr back in the day...was still pullin til I passed dps...he dint even try to chase lol

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
88 feet per second squared.....terminal velocity off a cliff. Be aware of the sudden stop at the bottom. Thats the thing that gets everyone.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,074 Posts
I love how people on an OPEN Forum admit to highly illegal speeds on public roads.
I guess it only matters if the officer catches you?

241 - 254 of 254 Posts