Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
241 - 260 of 284 Posts
there might be 5 more if running a 1300 final :) ( 300 rpms less )
True enough! I'm really curious as to the actual impact a 1300 final drive has. In post #200 (gotta love these long term and long length threads), I noted the option to speed up your bike using the final drive from the 1300. I don't know how much actual mph, plus there's the impact on speed indicated on the speedometer as well, right?

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

the 1300 final on a 1800 is 300 rpms lower... most only feel a difference in First gear. I do not remember the change on the speedometer.

my bike with a different rear tire size is off by 3mph... 180/55R18 stock.. I run 200/50R18.... and have since I had to replace original tire. Elite 3.
I know the difference as I have had 4 different GPS in 7 years. Magellan's do not like motorcycles... Garmin does not mind.

That wasn't corrected for speedo error, was it?

I've riodden my '02 1800Xc to 144 indicated on the oem speedo many times before the limiter kicks in. Sans that I have no doubt it will hit the 150 mark but, ehhh,...she runs plenty fast enough as is.
The real charm is off the line from a dead stop. Very quick till about 100,...then faster bikes finally catch up. By then, I'm already braking for the upcoming red lite.

I prefer to not add to the police's taking of my $$$. Speed limits are laws, not suggestions. But I hear you, and grin, just prefer not to do it.

ok.,

I have gone 156.. on a CBR1000F.. on the Mid Ohio Sports car course .....

SO.. there it is. recorded by the speed trap.. not my Honda speedometer.. :)

ok.,

I have gone 156.. on a CBR1000F.. on the Mid Ohio Sports car course .....

SO.. there it is. recorded by the speed trap.. not my Honda speedometer.. :)

I see our beloved FORUM is messing up again...
I did not post this twice....

88 feet per second squared.....terminal velocity off a cliff. Be aware of the sudden stop at the bottom. Thats the thing that gets everyone.

I love how people on an OPEN Forum admit to highly illegal speeds on public roads.
I guess it only matters if the officer catches you?

As far as my 03 VTX 1800R, I have buried the speedo but as far as I can tell I do not have a speed regulator or if it was in it is not as apparent as the rev limiter. I have to get the speedo correction for the Power Commander so I know but I would say max is what Honda says, 136 mph.

there is a document of how the Honda motorcycle fuel injection system works......

in first gear.. go full throttle... at 5,700 rpms.. the injectors will intermittent cut out..

aka REV Limiter...
FACT.
the rev limiter does not monitor transmission.. so its there in all gears.

I believe the question was not about a rev limiter but, rather, asked if there was a separate speed limiter. So in the highest gear, will the speed be limited before the rev limiter kicks in?

Text Line Font Design Parallel

this copied from link of Honda motorcycle fuel injection system

an the VTX is geared... to prevent a greater then planed top speed.

why have a seperate device.. the computer can do it all

aka Honda sport bikes.. does have a max speed limit.. but its inside the computer

more understanding

cars.. a reprogrammer "FLASHES" over the factory programming.
a motorcycle the reprogrammer must alter the output of the computer signals..
as HONDA does not allow reflashing of the Computer.. except for dealer with master Honda computer. and most dealers do NOT have one.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.