Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
161 - 180 of 284 Posts
cant believe this thread is still going....fact the speed limiter kicks in at 135 (dont ask) the bike still has plenty of throttle and rpm left over at this point but unless you hack the programming that is maximum top speed on a 1800.....end of story

I'm wondering if its possible to bypass the speed limiter. What is the gearing difference in the 1300 rear-end vs the 1800 rear-end and if you switch to the 1300 rear end on a 1800c does the speed sensor get switched also to make the speedometer correct. I've seen 133 on the speedo with a windshield,lowers and saddle bags. Just wondering if i could get a little more top end out of her.

Dropped from a plane I suspect an 1800 could hit 200 mph. This would be just about as useful as riding one on a road at speeds above 130 mph.

G'day,

Vinish

cant believe this thread is still going....fact the speed limiter kicks in at 135 (dont ask) the bike still has plenty of throttle and rpm left over at this point but unless you hack the programming that is maximum top speed on a 1800.....end of story
I completely agree ... and the programming can not be changed... that is why a re-programmer is used to change the fuel map....

and that Name (re-programmer) is incorrect... it just changes the on/off times to the fuel injectors... AFTER THE FACT.

I completely agree ... and the programming can not be changed... that is why a re-programmer is used to change the fuel map....

and that Name (re-programmer) is incorrect... it just changes the on/off times to the fuel injectors... AFTER THE FACT.
if you want to go supersonic... get a CBR1000. and weigh 140 pounds. and go to a superbike school.

I get a wild hair every now and then and open it a little. About 110 is fast enough for me... and I don't hang there very long. I have to be in a remote area with absolutely no traffic or driveways. Hey! I've always believed that every vehicle needs to be blown out a little. :D

161 - 180 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.