Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Just how fast can the 1800 go?

77K views 283 replies 145 participants last post by  D Stone 
#1 ·
I've had mine up to 105 for just a brief moment but it had a lot of poop to go. The speedo reads 150mph. Any one push the limits and try to peg it out? In a safe mannor of course.

Joe :choppersm

#4 ·
Just how fast can the 1800 go
OOOOOOO-KNOW here we go again,:stirpot: The only true way to see how fast an 1800 will go is for you yourselve go find a safe spot and do it. People on here, that we all like seem to strrrrrrrrench the truth.:coffee: I'm sure THERES people on here that have hit the electronic limiter in second gear before, wth 3 more gears left, lol I know for a fact my 1300, I've had it at almost 115 on the speedo.:mosh: so that might be about 110 ish because my speedo is off about 5 mph. So I could imagine that the 1800 will do 120-125 or maybe a bit more if you swap out the rear end to the 1300 rear end. peoples answers on here may not be all true but they are all amusing:D.
:choppersmBUT ONE THING THAT WE VTX OWNERS CAN ALL AGREE ON IS........ HONDA SHOULD HAVE PUT A 6TH GEAR IN THERE. I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GEAR. :DLMAO:D

Reactions: bodyman1
#5 ·
There's a thread on here somewhere with a link that has a chart for all different bike's performance.

They list HP, Torque, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, top speed, etc.

Anyway, the top speed for an 1800 is listed at 135. I think that's pretty accurate based on the threads I've read here. I've only had mine over 100 a couple times and not for very long. It doesn't take long to get it there.

The chart seems pretty accurate too as far as all the different speeds, specs.

It lists the 1800 at 90 horse which seems to be the consensus, and 0-60 at about 3.5 seconds, which also is what I've experienced.

The biggest problem is finding a safe place to go that fast- and not get a ticket.

You could always go to a track and get timed. Have Fun, but be careful....:patriot:

#19 ·
Had my 1300S up to 120. Was trying to see how fast I could get it up to and don't know if I ran out of road or gonads..........it's been a long time. About a month later, I took my Ducati down the same road and hit 130. I know it had more but again, I didn't.

#28 ·
Had mine to 125 one time, last time, never again.

The word "Chicken" comes to mind. The after thoughts of hitting a small pebble at this speed or tire failure will prevent that from ever happening again.... Top speed 125 on the speedo, as fast as the 1800 will go in my opinion and VAST experience of two years...

#45 ·
I'm not so sure that "chicken" is the right word. Maybe "cautious", or "smart", or "sensible"...
I had a '64 1/2 mustang back in the day. Got it up somewhere well above 110 mph down some country road just one time. It felt like it was kind of drifting on the road, on the edge of control, so I let off of the gas before it topped out. Taking my foot off the gas felt like one of the smartest things I had ever done. On a bike??? Like rjtmac says... one little boo-boo, and you are dead-dead.
I figure that I just made it to 50... no reason to kick the bucket now!:mosh:

#30 ·
New guy chiming in here. I picked mine up yesterday and there is a 1 mile straightaway on my way home with jersey barriers on both sides so I decided I would open it up. My VT750DC would do about 95-100 on the speedo about 3/4 down the straightaway coming onto it about 45. The 1800C hit 125 at the 1/2 way point and I let up. That is way faster than I need it to go.

Mine has a hypercharger, power commander and bubs.

#33 ·
I hit a hair over 100 on I-91N, out past Greenfield where it's long and (mostly) straight. I would have pushed it a bit more, but I'm still getting used to this beast and have no desire to become a statistic.

Still felt like it had a lot more to pour, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.