Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Reap the bone!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an appointment today to get the bike dynoed and make sure the a/f ratio is right. Turns out it was running rich, which should have been obvious because I could smell exaust/gas smell. Gained 2 hp and 4 lbs/torque. Man does it run like a dream now. Throttle response is noticably better and gained 5 on the top end. Guest im just surprised that the Wiseco programmer was that rich after putting cobra dragsters and the mach 2 air cleaner on.

-86 hp
-104 lbs/torque
-top speed 130 +/- speedo error

·
Bryden, 1800 F
4,394 Posts
ya thats whatwe all think.you ever seen that guy with his car at the dyno braging then mad when he gets his numbers.same thing with bikes i did it once LIVE AND LEARN. felt like a tard

·
Reap the bone!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the factory says they are rated for 106 hp, but that is at the crank. By the time the power is transfered to the tire it goes down considerably. around 90 is pretty much the common number unless you do some serious mods.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Hey lets keep this amongst ourselves... we better not let this get out to those Harley guys....... :D

I wrote that a bit small so they don't see it.... :bleh:

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Hey lets keep this amongst ourselves... we better not let this get out to those Harley guys....... :D

I wrote that a bit small so they don't see it.... :bleh:
Never fear Mr Spoiler... they lie about their numbers to, lol
:stirpot:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
i would suppose that would be about right at 86-90 hp after you take away the 15% loss for the shaft and other factors....

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
yeh i been beat one time by a hd guy not sure why his bike was real fast and i have a 1800 r
don't let those bikes fool ya....some of those guys have some quick bikes, especially those who have had work done to them by someone who knows how to work on them...

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think the newest harleys (96 -103 configured will run). Add cams and they will run well. The beauty of an X is you have to add NOTHING.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the goverment can play with numbers and make them be what they want, Then my numbers can be what I want 106 or more, it's all BS when your talking anyway!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a 1300 that I want to Dyno. Guy at bike week want's 50.00. Is this a good price? I have an open air box & cobra long shots and have done the Scar on the carb but I'm not sure I have the A/F adjusted right.

·
Reap the bone!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya 50 bucks seems to be a good price. I paid 100 to have mine done. The real only way to see what the a/f is besides ear is to have it dynoed. Then you can make sure its running perfect and you can have ease of mind knowing its where it needs to be. And if it is ok and they don't make changes, at least you see what your bike can do. Because I am sure you have been wondering...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts