Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a group to ride to Cassoday 7/7/2013. Leaving from Gail's HD at 7am, headed down I-35. See all the sights and take the scenic route north on 177 through Flint Hills. East across to Louisburg and back to Gail's.
http://goo.gl/maps/RuJsz
Route attached.
PM me for info.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I might be interested. Just depends on what the lady has planned for that weekend. Route map says 6.5 hours on the road. How much time do you plan on burning for stops, etc...
Basically, do you have an estimated ETA for being back at Gail's?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey ckroll98 we will see you down there I have a group going down from the Northlands.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my girl rides on the back, and I suspect we'll make one maybe 2 short stops on the way down. One the way back, we'll stop at the top of 177 and then again half way across from west to east. I suspect it will be a long day since we will probably spend 2 hours in Cassoday with all the Vet festivities.

ABGMS, when are you passing through Olathe? We might be able to meet up with you since I suspect we'll pass Olathe around 7:45.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
we will be leaving North kc at 7am

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Leaving Grandview at 7am and going west on 435 to I-35. Should pass about the same time. Or we'll see you down there. I've never been. Have you?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
nope first for me as well, our return route is the same as well. we are taking the direct route down and the slow and scenic route back.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Maybe we'll join up with you all for the ride back up 177. Should be a beautiful day for some miles!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks like I got the big "NO" for this one. I'm being drug to her friends for a pool party. I guess that isn't half bad though. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Had a good ride to Cassoday Kansas Bike Rally yesterday. There was a lot of X's there. And there was some pretty ummm what the word ohh yea customized bikes there as well.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
will do DaBear

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone planning to go Aug 3? i'd go and ride from Topeka or slide down 75 to !35 and rendezvous. Just a thought.. might even drag a friend from Manhattan (may have to bring a box for all his parts..rides HD, lol)....

Been a few years since I have been... what say you guys...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts