Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

In a bit of a situation... I recently purchased a Kuryakyn PRO-R Hypercharge. I have heard mixed reviews on these... everything from "That's just dandy eye candy..." to good friends telling me "Bro dont think twice, slap that in your bike ASAP. Let it breath!"

Currently I am running stock air intake...only added a K&N filter. Stock pipes also.

I want to ask the community.... What do you think? Is the item worth keeping? Or is it really just eye candy?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
It is only eye-candy. It can actually hurt performance and make the bike run worse. If you want your 1800 to breathe better, do a decap of the stock airbox. That will work vastly better than a Hypercharger. Of course, with modified air intake, you should think about getting new pipes, a fuel manager, and a Dynotune.

Reactions: DaddyAppleSauce

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800F
15 Posts
Anyone giving you advice, who starts a sentence with "Bro", should be ignored.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the Pro-R on my 1800 R...No problems for past 100,000 miles. Yes it is only eye candy, but it works as good as stock and does not require a programmer as some say. The biggest down fall is that it probably gets wet if you ride in the rain? I would keep it just because the cover holds up better than the stock one, which is prone to plastic failures around the fasteners... (I also like the vacuum butterfly feature ;) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts