Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone run these and how hard was the install and what did u do with the turn signals? thank cafe

·
Official Fuddy Duddy
1,756 Posts
He is talking about the ones for the 1300C that only fill the gap between the trees. I have run them on my 1300 for years and even with VTXtreme 8* trees, they still look good.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_11&products_id=323

Heavy duty work they are, and although it is not the least expensive way to fatten up the front end, they are nice parts. I had them on the stock trees with the fork caps too for a long time until I made a substantial change.

The gaskets that go on are a bit difficult to keep aligned but you slide teh forks down out of the top tree until flush with the bottom upper edge on the lower tree and place the first of two gaskets and both tubes in place on each side. Slide up and slip the upper gasket in before mating the fork tubes up through the top tree. Level, tighten, place on groud, assure yourself of the position, torque to specs, clean with windex and enjoy the shine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I put them on my bike to cover up the 2" fork extensions. They are pretty easy to install. For turn signals I went with Hick's Nudie Bar.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts