Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SPyKERMods.com Owner
1,960 Posts
Do you know how to weld? That's the only way I can think of getting it done.

Believe it or not, there is a lot of engineering that goes into a kick stand. Remeber, the sole piece of metal protects your many hundred pounds of motorcycle from lying on it's side. The angles have to be just right (ask anyone who has altered their rake, springs or struts.) I think that either a very creative adapter would have to be developed or the manufacturer would have to believe that they would have a market to develop a new version.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Very cool piece. I would imagine the kill switch would be an issue as well.
P

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how to weld? That's the only way I can think of getting it done.

Believe it or not, there is a lot of engineering that goes into a kick stand. Remeber, the sole piece of metal protects your many hundred pounds of motorcycle from lying on it's side. The angles have to be just right (ask anyone who has altered their rake, springs or struts.) I think that either a very creative adapter would have to be developed or the manufacturer would have to believe that they would have a market to develop a new version.
Yes, I think you are right. I should consider their cover for the stock kickstand -- looks fine either. :choppersm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts