Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300R
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was swapping out my turn signals for the kury deep dish ones and I had the plastic notch on the front blinker break off that holds the top of the turn signal (see pic). Anyway I can fix this or do I need a new blinker housing?(hoping I dont need a whole new blinker assembly:banghead:)

Edit:The picture is rotated wrong, so the clip that broke is the on the left side of the picture I uploaded

· Registered
6,401 Posts
I did the same thing at a tech session. I was fortunate that a friend had an extra housing, (Mondorah) and he replaced the broken one for me. I'd suggest a new one and squeeze the bezel next time when you're taking the lens off. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300R
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm..well I look in the classifieds here, and look around on ebay for a new one:hmm2:. Thanks!

· Riding Hard!!
419 Posts
You put a tiny amount of crazy glue or even epoxy (very small amount) and it will stay. Theres really no reason for you to get back into it unless it is to change the blown bulbs, so it will work.

· Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300R
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill try the silicone, Ive got some sitting in the garage but I winterized my bike already so I wont be able to see if itll hold up during a ride until next spring. Thanks for the ideas

· Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,913 Posts
When and if you replace the signal housing, look me up. I can show you how to change the housing without removing the entire light from the bike. It's a very simple fix. Also, you could post a wanted ad for a signal housing in the sales section too. A left rear/right front are the same housing, a right rear left front are the same housing. If someone has one laying around, I bet you could get it at a rather fair price.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.