Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Kuryakyn Constellation Lightbar Bracket Dimensions DIY

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Goldnectar 
#1 ·
I bought the lightbar, but I couldn't find the mounting bracket for the VTX anywhere. I could barely find correct images much less dimensions. Therefore I fabricated it myself with a scrap piece of aluminum. For those interested, here it is.

Tools I used:
Angle grinder
Vice
Stationary belt sander
Drill Press
Files

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
OH, FYI, the right most small hole was already in the scrap metal and is not necessary. Also I wasn't able to get a clean bend so the angle was forced in the vice until I was satisfied so cannot provide an exact angle. Also, lastly (hopefully) you're going to have to replace the OEM screws that hold the lamp as they are too short. I filled the excess exposed screw length between the bracket and stem sub-assy with a spacer for extra stability. Wiring-wise you'd be wise to have some posi-locks ready or some small bullet connectors because the lightbar wires have different connections than the bike so something will have to be snipped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.