Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing my usual Camp out at the Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah, N.C. during the Labor Day weekend. It's a motorcycle mostly campground with a few campers but all motorcycle people. It's located about 10 miles east of the Dragon on Hwy 28. If anyone wants to camp or ride, let me know. The food is killer, the beer coolers are always full, the owners are really cool -( I know Moe)-, the roads are great and the bon fires at night are a hoot.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I might join ya unless I hit the beach that weekend.

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
I'll be doing my usual Camp out at the Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah, N.C. during the Labor Day weekend. It's a motorcycle mostly campground with a few campers but all motorcycle people. It's located about 10 miles east of the Dragon on Hwy 28. If anyone wants to camp or ride, let me know. The food is killer, the beer coolers are always full, the owners are really cool -( I know Moe)-, the roads are great and the bon fires at night are a hoot.
Thats sounds awesome (without the sauce - sorry Tom). I will be doing nothing during September as we are in closing for a new contract and that all comes to a head in September.

Enjoy my friends - sounds like a blast.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Since you're gonna be at my doorstep, I'll ride wit ya....

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Only if Pete's Pancakes are in the equation!
Let me tell you something friend.... I will never start a ride from Cherokee without eating at peters pancakes!

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
I can come up with some great rides for everyone.....

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
I do a loop that is basically that, but without the dragon. Instead, I go 441 over the smokies and then go to Townsend and the foothills parkway, then at chilhowie get back onto that loop coming back on the cherohala... I'm gonna take exharleydude and his brother on that route next weekend.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
I've been riding another that goes part of the moonshiner and then thru franklin and up wayah road around lake Nantahala, then 129 into Robbinsville and turning back onto 28 at the dragon (avoiding the dragon)....

A couple other good loops, just depends on what people want!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'm gonna take exharleydude and his brother on that route next weekend.
We are booked in at the Two Wheel Inn on Saturday night, riding Parkway from Lil Switzerland to Mt Mitchell to Sierra Nevada Brewery for lunch ( i.e. beer ) Saturday morning, then a few hours at Wheels thru Time Saturday afternoon before heading over to Robbinsville.

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
Remember folks that Graham county in NC (in which the Two Wheel Inn, Robbinsville, and Kickstand Inn are located) is a dry county so you have to bring in your own alcohol.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
We are booked in at the Two Wheel Inn on Saturday night, riding Parkway from Lil Switzerland to Mt Mitchell to Sierra Nevada Brewery for lunch ( i.e. beer ) Saturday morning, then a few hours at Wheels thru Time Saturday afternoon before heading over to Robbinsville.
You posted this in Hiramsaint's thread... is this for next weekend or Labor Day?

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts