Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Remember folks that Graham county in NC (in which the Two Wheel Inn, Robbinsville, and Kickstand Inn are located) is a dry county so you have to bring in your own alcohol.
The Kickstand Lodge has figured out a way around that. They have 4 convenience style beer coolers that are well stocked. You don't buy any per se', you just donate a few $'s to the campground general fund. That also covers the meals, which they aren't allowed to "sell" either.

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
The Kickstand Lodge has figured out a way around that. They have 4 convenience style beer coolers that are well stocked. You don't buy any per se', you just donate a few $'s to the campground general fund. That also covers the meals, which they aren't allowed to "sell" either.
Awesome. I like it when folks thumb their noses at the busybodies.

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome. I like it when folks thumb their noses at the busybodies.
Will you and Mylilpony be in NC by then or still in Michigan? I thought Jane said something about Nov. 1 but most of what I heard up there (WV) is still a bit on the foggy side!

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
It is unclear when we will leave Michigan but we don't take possession of our NC home until Nov. 1 so we won't be there until Nov. 1 at the earliest.

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It is unclear when we will leave Michigan but we don't take possession of our NC home until Nov. 1 so we won't be there until Nov. 1 at the earliest.
Cool, still some decent riding weather at that time depending on elevation and circumstances. I was riding well into Dec. here in Jawga.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Bumping to the top:

Extended outlook for Labor Day weekend in the Smokys is upper 70's and dry.

I'm in, riding over on Friday, riding back on Sunday, riding all day on Saturday.

Looks like an easy packing trip also with the Kickstands setup for food/beer.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
I'm out, daughter's birthday (16th), and we're headed to the lake.... enjoy guys!

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Some good routes:

28 to franklin then old 64 (old Murphy road) to wayah road, to junuluska road (left) to 74 (left), to 64 (left in Murphy) take old 64 (river road) to 64 to hayesville thru franklin and up to highlands, then on to cashiers on 64, then left onto 107 back to sylva, 74 back to camp.

Get with EHD and go the route I took them over the smokies, foothills parkway, cherohala back to camp.

19 from alarka to Cherokee, get on the parkway, go as far as you want then get off and head south till you get to 64 and take it back to franklin, then 28 back to camp.

Look at the map, try new stuff!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Some good routes:

28 to franklin then old 64 (old Murphy road) to wayah road, to junuluska road (left) to 74 (left), to 64 (left in Murphy) take old 64 (river road) to 64 to hayesville thru franklin and up to highlands, then on to cashiers on 64, then left onto 107 back to sylva, 74 back to camp.

Get with EHD and go the route I took them over the smokies, foothills parkway, cherohala back to camp.

19 from alarka to Cherokee, get on the parkway, go as far as you want then get off and head south till you get to 64 and take it back to franklin, then 28 back to camp.

Look at the map, try new stuff!
Definitely had a good ride with you fishinfool and I'm looking to explore since I hate riding the same route time after time. HOWEVER, based on the ride you took us on, I have already mapped out routes I wanna explore but have no problem recreating the ride you lead us on. Going to avoid Gatlinburg ( we didnt go there ) though since that place will be hopping with tourists Labor Dy weekend.

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Definitely had a good ride with you fishinfool and I'm looking to explore since I hate riding the same route time after time. HOWEVER, based on the ride you took us on, I have already mapped out routes I wanna explore. Going to avoid Gatlinburg though since that place will be hopping with tourists Labor Dy weekend.
I'm assuming watering holes were in this plan????

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'm assuming watering holes were in this plan????
Few and far between, HOWEVER, a paved road that splits into 2 gravel roads always presents an opportunity for a "trail warmer".

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Fingers crossed for you to have good weather. Supposed to be great weather here in lower Michigan for the Kalamazoo tech session.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'm out for the weekend, Sunday and Monday look rideable though but a camping weekend it ain't.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Sounds like fun!

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
KSU at 9 AM. Sunny and pleasant. Upper 70's low 50's.

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Great time, great weather, great food and really cool people... for the most part. Looking forward to next year already.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Yeah, the weather turned out to be great ( except for Friday which was going to be my travel day over ) for you Hiram, glad it all came together. Personally ( although the weather here was nice all weekend ) I didn't ride a single mile. Got a azzload of yard work done though. :(

21 - 39 of 39 Posts