Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone on this vtx cafe. I have a 2004 Honda VTX 1300C. I've been riding for about 8 years and I'm in love with my bright orange vtx! I enjoy twisties as well as long distance slab riding. This past weekend I did my first solo tour from central NJ to Oshawa, Canada. It was a total of about 1,050. Not bad for a lady :) Unfortunately, I lost my left side cover panel somewhere between Binghamton and Syracuse NY. Any advice on where to get a replacement will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greetings to everyone on this vtx cafe. I have a 2004 Honda VTX 1300C. I've been riding for about 8 years and I'm in love with my bright orange vtx! I enjoy twisties as well as long distance slab riding. This past weekend I did my first solo tour from central NJ to Oshawa, Canada. It was a total of about 1,050. Not bad for a lady :) Unfortunately, I lost my left side cover panel somewhere between Binghamton and Syracuse NY. Any advice on where to get a replacement will be appreciated. Thanks.
With the roads in New York I'm surprised thats all you lost LOL:mosh:and WELCOME.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I lost my left side cover panel somewhere between Binghamton and Syracuse NY.
You know where you lost it, sounds like a good reason for a second trip.

From what I understand they are about $125 to replace. I would looking into salvage yards, you may be able to find one there.

If it fell off then your gromets are loose, you may want to consider buying a new set before you loose the right one as well

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from Arkansas!. If you love your X, you'll love this place! Read, read, read the forums!They'll give you all the info to keep you bike purring and a hella lot cheaper the taking it tothe stealer! If you need a question answered, make sure you post it in the right forum.You'll get the right answer faster.

Rebel

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
welcome to the cafe :coffee: from South Florida, formerly NY/NJ...

actually used to like riding north on 17, to 81. or going across 80 depending where you're at. taking 9w during the spring and fall, up to Bear Mt, West Point, by the circle up that way, nice scenery and riding!!! enjoy your x. :choppersm

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from LaPorte,IN.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
2,807 Posts
hello from the showme state.