Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple weeks ago I laid over my bike, I've been going through it but it's still running rough and fouling plugs every few days. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Couple weeks ago I laid over my bike, I've been going through it but it's still running rough and fouling plugs every few days. Any thoughts?
Hope you wasn't hurt? I couldn't find anything about what kind of bike you have and etc. Wishing you well!????????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Sir I am ok. Road rash and some bone chips but I was able to ride it home after cutting off my crash bars. I have a 2003 Honda Vtx 1800c

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Yes Sir I am ok. Road rash and some bone chips but I was able to ride it home after cutting off my crash bars. I have a 2003 Honda Vtx 1800c
Happy you are OK!???????????

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Could you post some pix, or list what you need to make her road-worthy & safe again? It's what fellas do for fellow VTX fellas.

Reactions: 07Blackcherry

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
372 Posts
Glad youre OK,...BTDT a few times.
Keep cleaning the plugs and it should sort itself out.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Have you checked the vent line on the tank, the tank may have moved when you laid it down and if it pinches the vent line it will run like crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply guys, been hectic week. I changed the plugs again, went through my crankcase because my back brake caliper locked up and I burned my plates trying to get the thing out of the road. She sat for a day in a parking lot since I couldn't find anyone willing to tow it for less than $200. Eventually went an worked on it right there an got it back 3.5 miles to home. So I've changed the following;
Plugs
Clutch plates
Bent bolts I found throughout

I then took my swingarm apart and checked my shaft splines, all looked good. Our everything back and noticed something didn't feel right again, my tire all of a sudden us rubbing now. I'm at a loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts