Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a ride from Pa to Ga in July. Will be the first long ride ever. Going solo the wife says it is to far to ride. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Do's and dont's from others past experience! Going to make a stop in NC on the way down. On the way back it will be nonstop.

·
Registered
444 Posts
PM Radio Cowboy (my brother)..........he came down to meet me in Athens, GA from Lawrenceville, PA - if Lawrenceville is close to Lancaster, he could give you some information from his ride.

·
Wanderer in training
5,307 Posts
you could also do a search of forums for stuff to bring on long trips, this is a popular topic and you should be able to find help. Best of Luck, road trips are the best!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
My trip in July will be longer than yours, but I am packing light....taking along a tent and sleeping bag...planning on staying with Cafe members and campgrounds along the way...

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well trip went without any major incidents! Stock tires had to be replaced after only 3700 miles! Cupped bad. Return trip via Winston Salem NC 1145 miles. Started at 3am got home at 8:40 pm. Does this qualify for the iron butt award?

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Well trip went without any major incidents! Stock tires had to be replaced after only 3700 miles! Cupped bad. Return trip via Winston Salem NC 1145 miles. Started at 3am got home at 8:40 pm. Does this qualify for the iron butt award?
Have to check with the Assn. But you have to have had witnesses at the beginning and end (including dated photos), plus ALL your gas receipts.

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess I should have found out the requirements before I did it huh! I will have to do it again! Going to Missouri at the end of next month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts