Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Good idea here itrider, now to keep it from getting buried under a ton of posts and hard to find can it become a sticky thread? ;)

Here's another good read, talks about jetting, needle shimming and plug chops ect:

http://crapmods.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3604

Biddy

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hey Guys, Downloaded the Service Manual to find out where exactly the A/F screw is on the Carb. I could not find anything on Carb diagram that shows a A/F screw. Is it known as something else? Pilot Screw maybe? Im stumped.
FWIW here's an old school method of adjusting the A/F screw that has worked well for me. The idle mix is right when you blip the gas and the idle returns to the correct rpm. If it momentarily dips too low, then returns to the correct idle rpm (900-1000rpm) it's rich. If it's lean, the idle speed increases dramatically when you open the A/F screw. The 'idle drop' procedure in the shop manual is pretty close to accurate. Open the mix screw until no more increase in idle speed is apparent, then back in roughly 1/2 turn. With my current int/exh setup this method put me at 2-1/4 turns and runs it flawlessly.

Biddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts