Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be leaving in a few days for the west coast all of you guys and gals in WY. Id. Calif Oregon Wash Ill be going to Jackson Hole Wy then over to Idaho Falls. Will I be able to get over the Tetons and what is the best way:choppersm

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Not sure where your route will take you, but like I said before you have a few Cafe members that live over this way....

Not sure if I gave it to you, but let me know if you want my cell #...(just in case)...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the plan Spearfish,Jackson Hole, Idaho Falls,Reno Yreka, Medford City,Redwood forest,Hwy 1,Seattle, Spokane,Glacier,Minot,Fargo and home,all subject to change at a moments notice:choppersm

·
Wanderer in training
5,307 Posts
sounds like a nice ride, pm MOJO he's a trucker dude and runs that route all the time. be safe and enjoy yourself

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sounds like a great ride.
I will be in Eastern Oregon by the time you get this far, probably.
If you can give a ride report or let us know, Charlie D and I are North of Roseburg. Crater Lake is not far from Medford and a nice ride.
I can also give you a number, but I dont think I will be in town. Charlie maybe.
Also if you need any help Charlie know where i live and I have a shop that he can use. My keys are always in the van and have a trailer.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if the redwood highway your taking is 199,there's a motorcycle camp ground in o'brien oregon called sparkplugs motorcycle camp ground.if you have time take 101on the coast to olympic range in washington.then you can take a ferry over to seattle.much better ride than getting on I-5 to seattle.link to sparkplug campground http://www.wediditforlove.com/sparkplugs.html

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
/Thanks for the info Ill try to post on the road as we go we are taking the road right up the coast to Seattle. then to Spokane to see my daughter that just got \back from Kurkestan then to Glacier last year it was closed in middle June hope to hit it later this time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Michelle here:

When you get through Jackson, you can get around the Tetons by going to Alpine and cutting over into Idaho. Pretty much a straight shot into Idaho Falls.

Of course, road construction is happening all over the state, wyoroad.info, will give you what you will need to know. Have fun and ride safe!:cheers:

I grew up in Kalispell and when we have visited in June for the past few years, they didn't have Going to the Sun Hiway open. But you can still ride into the park, but only to a certain point. McDonald Lake is really pretty and the views are spectacular.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just there two weeks ago, getting to ID Falls from Jackson is pretty easy, you'll go through the Teton Pass on Hwy 22 until it hits 26, straight shot. Or down to Alpine, as another said, about the same distance I think, depends on your approach. No issues with weather when I was there, though I was behind a manure spreader going over the pass, better luck on your trip.

It's not my trip, but it sounds like you'll be within arms' reach of the Beartooth Highway, running from Red Lodge, MT into Yellowstone, I wanted to ride it while I was there but it wasn't open until the weekend after I left. The park's south entrance is 50 miles north of Jackson, WY and you'd pass by the Tetons enroute to Hwy 22. Might still be chilly, but you may regret not doing it while you're so close.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rode the Bear Tooth last year the day after it opened.It was colder at the bottom then the top. It was a good ride even meet a semi at the top that made the a wrong turn and had to go back the Mont. side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts