Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Led lighting

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  mrwatcher2019 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just bought some flexible led light strips to add to my brake light and running light but cant seem to figure out how to make it work for when the key is on they light up and when i press the brake it comes on bright any ideas thanks, also the led strip has 2 12 volt contacts and 2 ground contacts but the brake light wiring only has 1 g/y wire and a brown wire to the light ??

#2 ·
Brown should be running light and the other brake. Your bike might vary that's just going off memory. Your ground goes to any ground.

#5 ·
I have a 1157 taillight brake light bulb that rotate and it Flashes when you hit the brakes. Easiest way to do the brake light, just change the bulb.
I also have those led flex lights on my trunk and on my saddle bags. I have those on a separate toggle switch mounted on the side.
Just run a HOT & GROUND from the battery to the toggle switch.

#6 ·
Ok thax ill check the toggle switch out, but question is you say change bulb for tail light and you say it rotates and flashes when hit brake? How does that work i never heard of a bulb that rotates and flashes is there something you did to make it do that?

#13 ·
Cruiser Customizing (maybe Customs?) is a legit aftermarket seller.

Reactions: Dino38
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.