Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, all of a sudden, the left turn signal doesn’t work. When I pull the button to the left, the signal light goes off. The right side works well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great video. Thanks, 07Blackcherry! Will try next weekend and give feedback.
turn signal switch cleaning video

I went through the cleaning of the switch and all in accordance with the video fro 07Blackcherry. Still got the same problem.
Any other ideas? A bad connection somewhere? And where? Thanks

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
835 Posts
The turn signal wires are clumped in some connectors right side of the battery shoved up in the frame behind the right side cover. May be worth checking all the connectors over there. I had a bullet connector come undone on that side when I did some work a while back, and inadvertently pulled one of the bullet connectors loose enough it really gave me a fit trying to realize what I had done. If I'd of just checked there first, I'd of saved hours lol.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
714 Posts
Front turn signal connections are in the headlight bucket, they have bullet connectors also. Maybe I missed it, but which turn signal is not working R or L, F or Rr?

Reactions: GR8DAIN

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, I found the problem. It is the wire between the switch and the headlight. Apparently, over time the wire has been squeezed too much between the tank and the fork with a bad connection as a result.
Thanks to MPD193, 07Blackcherry and MosinZealot for your advice–appreciate it.

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
835 Posts
Glad it sounds like an easy resolution! My first motorcycle back in 2008 was a 1996 Susuki Intruder 800. What a fun little motorcycle. The predecessor to my VTX I got 4 years later. It had a short in a wire for the starter button. If I turned the handlebars hard right and pushed the button, it would start. To the left too far, it wouldn't make contact somewhere in the wire when I tried to start it. My dad and I thought we were going to be in for hours of fun finding the wire to fix since we didn't have a wiring diagram or anything. Lucky for us, the first wire we tested was the one. Got it all fixed up and replaced and never had an issue after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts