1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The Naked Gun came from a TV series called Police Squad. Use to watch that. Before all the comedy, Leslie was a very serious actor. In many plays, movies and TV shows. That is why he was so funny doing something 180 from his norm. He too will be missed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Shirley you must be kidding!!!

I'm not and stop calling Shirley!!!

He will be missed!!!
As Bubba said earlier in his career he was a very serious actor. which made it so funny. Come to think he really never changed his acting style. that is what was so funny to me. for him to say those lines with such a straight face...

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
It IS sad when the older actors pass on. I guess God needed a good laugh. I remember when Police Squad was on the Tube. It lasted one season, and was canceled. I loved his comedy. So dead pan.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I bet he was a really nice guy. Dont think i ever heard any trash or scandal about him. For a hollywood star, thats pretty impressive.
Bry :patriot:

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
we sit here and passively watch the "older actors" die.....watch the Oscars and they do a review if all who died that year...it's sad...even sadder to think that one day that will be each one of us.......one of the many reasons why we all ride!!!! RIP Leslie Nielson...a good guy!:mosh:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
He will be missed for sure. I work on an airfield and we are constantly saying "Rodger, Rodger", and our new Crash truck is called a Stryker so yes, Stryker, stryker,stryker....... comes up a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts