Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
that guy had major issues
which one had the issues? i would say all involved had issues...i would say that they were all running much faster than the posted speed limit for the road and curves.....then, the first bike was stupid enough to pass in a curve on a double line...before we judge the pick up and call him stupid, we should first ask ourselves if we would have passed in a curve, double line, no passing zone...if anyone answers yes to that question, then i don't pitty a damn thing that happens for doing something that stupid!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
which one had the issues? i would say all involved had issues...i would say that they were all running much faster than the posted speed limit for the road and curves.....then, the first bike was stupid enough to pass in a curve on a double line...before we judge the pick up and call him stupid, we should first ask ourselves if we would have passed in a curve, double line, no passing zone...if anyone answers yes to that question, then i don't pitty a damn thing that happens for doing something that stupid!!!
You make cogent and legitimate points. I have experienced something similar, however, and I was not breaking the law. Had two "gangsta's" try to run me off a major thoroughfare just for the sheer fun of it a few years back! Could see the baboons laughing their criminal asses off amidst the ganga haze in their Camaro. I was lucky to avert a crash. I did give very close chase for about half a mile until I saw one of the thugs reaching for something under his seat. I broke off before I was introduced to whatever he had selected to show me. :mad:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
You make cogent and legitimate points. I have experienced something similar, however, and I was not breaking the law. Had two "gangsta's" try to run me off a major thoroughfare just for the sheer fun of it a few years back! Could see the baboons laughing their criminal asses off amidst the ganga haze in their Camaro. I was lucky to avert a crash. I did give very close chase for about half a mile until I saw one of the thugs reaching for something under his seat. I broke off before I was introduced to whatever he had selected to show me. :mad:
and that is a whole different story all in itself...i can't say i blame you for that, nor can i say i wouldn't have done the same thing in your situation....:cheers:
i must clarify, i wasn't agreeing with what the truck was doing either, but i strongly was disagreeing with what the biker was doing, but even with what he done, he didn't deserve to be run off the road, that i will agree with...

·
F rider
720 Posts
Are you condoning the guy in the trucks actions? No doubt they were all speeding, but that is no excuse for what that guy did :nono:. Thats attempted murder, period!

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
Are you condoning the guy in the trucks actions? No doubt they were all speeding, but that is no excuse for what that guy did :nono:. Thats attempted murder, period!
read the post above what you posted....again, first impressions are to jump the gun and as always, it appears my posts are once again misread :banghead:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
No question that all involved were being careless. however the pick up driver elevated the situation from speeding and/or reckless driving to assault with a deadly weapon if not attempted manslaughter.... his ego got the best of him, and he couldn't allow himself to be passed.... jackass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts