Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Get some cobra fatties. I had the Lindbys and they are not strong at all. They had alot of play in them when I put my feet on them. alot of people will suggest the cobra fatties

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lindby's might not be as strong as the Cobra Fattys, but if the bike goes down they will still protect you. My right leg and foot will attest to it. I think the Lindby's are the best looking ones out there also. The fact they look good and protected my leg when I went down, I put another set on.

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Bars need to be strong to be effective Lindby's aren't they are just eye candy.

I have the Linbar and love they way it looks but, as for an "engine guard" not much protetion. It's more than if you had no bar but it's more for looks.

When/if I replace mine, it will be for the Cobra Fatties!

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you can still find the cobra fat bars let me know I looked forever they quite making them for the 1800 I think because I cannot order any directly from Cobra anymore.

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
:coffee:I have the Lindby Multi-Bars and love the built-in foot rest. It's true that most bars are eye-candy/foot-rest / running light holder / engine protector thingy that gives some leg protection. All makers will tell you that. I'd rather have some protection than none at all. I've tipped mine over a few times on the bars and they saved me a lot of grief.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Have them and like the looks; hope I don't have to find out how strong any bar is. I will say the foot rest are just too high for me to be comfortable so I put foot peg off the sides of them for comfort.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As an Ironworker and a bike rider,
The UniBar I have looks good,
but I wouldn't trust it. 1 1/4 pipe steel
reduced to 1/4" flat bar just doesn't make sense to me.
Had I known, I woudn't have bought it.
I'm looking onto making rear crash bars for my bike.
If it works out, I'll replace the lindby with my own.

Ken

·
Registered
321 Posts
My neighbor had them on his 1300, he is a little guy and was making a tight U-turn, he was hardly moving, probably 2 mph, he fell over and they folded right up on him. He just had enough room to get his foot out, at that speed.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts

·
'Chappy'
691 Posts
+3 on the Cobra fatty's had the hondaline on mine, foot is feeling a lot better now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts