Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Seattle area know of a good, reasonable paint shop? In my clumsiness, I scratched the rear fender when removing the sissy bar the other day.:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I'll check them out.......probably get talked into a custom paint job. Have to explain that to the wife (maybe not :D)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like to find out someone reasonable in Mississippi, I've had a cat spend the night on my bike and left scratch marks on the tank when leaving...albeit, in a hurry! :choppersm

·
Relocation Engineer
1,520 Posts
Anyone in the Seattle area know of a good, reasonable paint shop? In my clumsiness, I scratched the rear fender when removing the sissy bar the other day.:(
You can get touch up pens from color-rite, I had to use one on my bike. she who must be obeyed... was helping me put a seat on and dropped the ratchet on my fender.....:banghead:
remove any wax, and slowly build up the paint in the scratch, and buff it back out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good.

Hey, I appreciate everyone's help. The scratches are pretty deep, but I'll try the color-rite fix first.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am sure the price for getting tins painted is pretty varied based on location. Just wonder what you all pay for a simple one color paint. Not trying to hijack the thread. I work with a guy who got his fairing painted for $200. I assume if he got the tank painted too it would be another $100-$150.

Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know....

I have to take her in for some service, so I'll ask. When I find out I'll post how much they quote me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts