Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Friends.

I've looked through all the threads related to lightbars and wanted some feedback about which lightbar everyone likes and why

I want to install the daymaker F1 lights in the lightbar whatever I get.
I saw one from Road Styler and they have been mentioned here on VTX…
National Cycle can be had fairly inexpensively , who likes theirs? How hard is wiring?
Show Chrome looks ok too
Factory Honda has the wiring harness, but are they actually available?
Any thoughts/experiences would be helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
898 Posts
I went with a Cobra Light bar. I bought mine second hand (never installed and still in original packaging). I got some 4.5" Daymakers with the shallowest measurement that I found on Amazon. I did have to some brackets to lower and move forward the lightbar so it would fit with my batwing. If I didn't have the batwing it would have mounted perfectly as is. The lightbar does have a built in switch, I interrupted the ground using the switch (since the back of the switch is exposed, I didn't want to risk shorts).

[url]

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve looked for a cobra, that’s the one I wanted. Nothing available. Even called cobra direct. I found a Honda OEM for a good price, may go with that. It’s fairly plug and play. Not too sure about the National Cycle. Wiring the daymakers shouldn't be too rough. Been reading all the good posts on wiring including a power distribution block mod to add the lights to and other items in the future..
JPT, thanks for all of your insight, helped get my bike running well! I may ask about wiring when I get the lights. Thanks!

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
462 Posts
I have the Hondaline Light bar on my VTX 1800N. It is actually for a Shadow Sabre (the mounting is the only difference that I could see. I have put the LED conversion off of Amazon it it and am extremely pleased with how they work. Had to run a ground wire out to each as the originals were grounded through the housings. Pretty painless install.

Lots of great information in this thread: Headlight upgrade

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey 68, thanks for the info. The Honda looks like the way to go when comparing right now. I got the “ official “ VTX Daymaker lights. I hear they are good but I’m sure many of them are. They had some different patterns that I liked, the B2 gives a good pattern. I’m not getting any younger and am excited for the extra light to see and be seen. Thanks for the link to some wiring info! Add it to the winter projects.
going to be 55 degrees tomorrow I’m going to try and ride but there aren’t many days of that left this year.
thank you again!

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
462 Posts
Hey 68, thanks for the info. The Honda looks like the way to go when comparing right now. I got the “ official “ VTX Daymaker lights. I hear they are good but I’m sure many of them are. They had some different patterns that I liked, the B2 gives a good pattern. I’m not getting any younger and am excited for the extra light to see and be seen. Thanks for the link to some wiring info! Add it to the winter projects.
going to be 55 degrees tomorrow I’m going to try and ride but there aren’t many days of that left this year.
thank you again!
You are welcome. That is what makes this forum so great, it has a wealth of information.

I hear you on the weather. 50° yesterday, 30s and snowing today here... I think yesterday was my last ride day for a while as well.

Ride Safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts