Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I can't seem to find a thread related to a half helmet that had a built-in sun visor. I am looking for the brand because the price was reasonable and the helmet didn't give off the mushroom head look. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Three to choose from. Does that make it easier? Gotta love this place...when in doubt ask and the great people here will help out.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I too am looking for a half helmet, but I am particular. I dont like the thick straps that the chin strap attaches to.

I also do not know what is meant by mushroom head.

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
mushroom head is the way thicker padded helmets make your head look like...like a mushroom shape. the scorpion helmet is a very good helmet...nice padding and good ventilation with a zip off earpiece for cold weather. but they do make your head look a little bigger...and they run about $110.

·
Registered
989 Posts
HA! All this time, I was thinking mushroom head was the way someone's hair would look when the helmet came off.

Thanks KR

·
Registered
265 Posts
+1 scorpion!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Almost all halfs have Sun visors over the eyes. I think you mean a flip down shield? My Scorpion exo 100 does, and it works well. But the helmet is really big, and buffets a lot, where my HJC half doesn't buffet one bit. (Same bike, ws, ETC....) Alas, the HJC has a visor but no shield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts