Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm fairly new to VTXCafe and new to the VTX community. I recently picked up an '05 VTX 1300C. After reading about a lot of the different mods, I'm looking at doing a couple of them, but I wanted to know if it was possible to do them all in combination with each other. Here is what I want to do:

1) 8 degree rake with 2, 3, or 4" fork extensions. Anybody have preferences on which manufacturer to choose (Mortons, KewlMetal, Sumo-X, VTX-Treme)? What length of extension is recommended?

2) Foots mod to accommodate 200 rear tire.

I've read about the need to lower the rear suspension when doing the rake to stabilize at higher speeds (stock shocks are not recommended with a rake). The rear suspension recommended height is 10.5", but I want to know if this lowered rear suspension will work with the foots mod. Has anybody done this combination before? I've searched, but could not find a thread with specifically what I'm looking for. Also, will my handle bars work with the raked triple tree? I didn't know if changing the triple tree will change the angle of how my handle bars mount.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. I've learned a lot reading all the old threads on this site and have already performed a few of the mods (pair valve, scar, Glen's permanent A/F screw, Glen's clutch relief).

Thanks,
KL
:choppersm

·
Chrome Ho
2,037 Posts
I have some foots mod parts. I can take care of the trees too. :patriot:

Started to explain ins and outs of trees but it became a long read so I trimmed it back.

Just give me a ring or send me your number I'd be happy to explain rake and issues that come with any configuration you may want to run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts