Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is there anywhere to just purchase a brand new carburetor for a 2007 VTX 1300 R

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
There are some used ones on eBay, but I didn't see any new ones. You can order from any Honda parts outlet to get a factory one but be prepared for sticker shock. I've wondered if a carb from a Harley-Davidson could be made to fit since they are plentiful and you can get some for under $100.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Before you replace the carb, tell us what is wrong with the current one. If it is truly bad, broken, bent, etc. metal, then perhaps you do need a new carb. Most often, however, it is the replaceable rubber parts in the carb that need .... ummm.... replacing :) or the jets need cleaned or the carb needs rejetted/tuned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May have been my own fault. I cleaned it today and found fuel in the air box. I also changed the oil. It may be from me leaving the petcock in on position. Also a bunch of gas in the oil. when I was putting it back together I saw that the center screw on the petcock was loose.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,297 Posts
That center screw may have been your problem. The vacuum line,#8 to the petcock is suppose to open the it up in the on position and prevent it from doing what you described. Was it the screw in the back #30. I'm guessing the one in the front #26 just holds the handle on

Font Handwriting Auto part Parallel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got it all cleaned up and back together. No more flooding or dyeing but it idles a bit clunky. I think i need to adjust my air fuel mixture.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
I recommend rejetting and tuning the carb using ONLY a Factory Pro jet kit. Also install a Glen's permanent A/F screw and do the pair valve mod using dimpled block off plates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well just realized it came stock with the A/F hand screw and adjusted it up. Runs great now

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
well just realized it came stock with the A/F hand screw and adjusted it up. Runs great now
Check that the carb is jetted correctly for your mods, if any. You will benefit tremendously from a properly tuned carburetor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts