Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone wants to take a trip in socal area please let me know. I may go to Mt. Palomar soon.

Regards,

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
381 Posts
Welcome to the group! Lots of riders and expertise on here!

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
381 Posts
Thank you.
Do you have a vtx?
Where are you located?
Yes, I have a 2005 VTX1800N and I live in Lewiston ID. We are just starting out of an artic freeze that had us under 8-10 inches of snow... Suppose to see 50° days later this week... might have to get the bike out for the ride to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have a 2005 VTX1800N and I live in Lewiston ID. We are just starting out of an artic freeze that had us under 8-10 inches of snow... Suppose to see 50° days later this week... might have to get the bike out for the ride to work.
I hope you can get out on it. I can understand "the itch" to ride again after a long winter, being from Wisconsin myself and a fellow mid-westerner. I'v been really spoiled out here near LA since the move a few years ago. The 1800N must be a joy to ride. I have the 1300c, wich I've really grown to appreciate after two previous honda shadows I'v had since '86.(800,600 vlx). The shaft drive on the VTX line is brilliant, the power, an all the many details that Honda thought through. The speedometer offset is my only complaint but I have gotten use to it. I'm just curious to know if your 1800N also reads a higher speed than reality. (Mine about 8 percent over).
Also, how do you find the linked braking system on the 1800N? Do you have the option to use the front and rear brake independently or is it fixed?
Regards,
Tim

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
381 Posts
I hope you can get out on it. I can understand "the itch" to ride again after a long winter, being from Wisconsin myself and a fellow mid-westerner. I'v been really spoiled out here near LA since the move a few years ago. The 1800N must be a joy to ride. I have the 1300c, wich I've really grown to appreciate after two previous honda shadows I'v had since '86.(800,600 vlx). The shaft drive on the VTX line is brilliant, the power, an all the many details that Honda thought through. The speedometer offset is my only complaint but I have gotten use to it. I'm just curious to know if your 1800N also reads a higher speed than reality. (Mine about 8 percent over).
Also, how do you find the linked braking system on the 1800N? Do you have the option to use the front and rear brake independently or is it fixed?
Regards,
Tim
Tim,
Yeah, my speedo is off as well. My previous bike a Shadow Sabre 1100 was off about the same amount, so I've just got used to riding above the posted limits...
The linked brakes are pretty easy to get used to. They are proportional, so no you can't do just rear or front. However, the brake lever on the bars is primarily front, and the pedal is primarily rear. The bike is quite a bit larger than my 1100 was so the added breaking is definitely useful.
Hoping to get out in the next few days... the temps are trending up.

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts