Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been gone a while now and I'm looking at getting back onto a VTX 1800. I've been riding a 2013 CB1100 and as the kids are getting older, my wife and I have had alot of free weekends. She will not ride on the back of the CB. I'm looking at either a 2002 1800C or a 2003 1800R. I had a 2002 1800C and loved it, but really like the look of the R. I will be pulling a trailer and HitchDoc seems to be the only one making hitches. My question is...is there a difference between the 2003 1800R and 2004 1800R as far as mounting bolt pattern for the fender and sissy bar, and rear fender shape, size and turn signal placement? HitchDoc only goes as far back as 2004 for the 1800R model. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
If you look on Honda Sport Part ware house you will see that the part #s are the same for those years, so it should be the exact same fit.

Reactions: 68valiant

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
Bookmark that page so will have all the part numbers you will need in the future. And you are welcome, friend!

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
850 Posts
Honestly, as much as I love my VTX, if I didn't have one now, I would be looking for a bike that still has aftermarket support. As much as I love my VTX, even since I got my 2009 1300R in 2018 I have seen aftermarket support significantly decline.

It's going to get to a point where you will need to buy 2, and use one as a parts bike...

But if you LOVE the VTX line, go for it, just note, since you owned one there is less aftermarket options for upgrades.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
Aftermarket is not the same as OEM, btw. But yeah, eventually we aren't going to be able to readily have aftermarket things like luggage racks and different windshields and fairings and such. That is where ingenuity comes in! Making things work from other bikes is awesome. I'm glad that many of the parts used in manufacturing these bikes were also used on other Honda bikes. Helps keep the cost down as well.

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Totally agree on the aftermarket. I can still remember every bit I put on it. I was really disappointed on my searches for the aftermarket parts. Aftermarket on my CB1100 mostly comes from Japan. I'll unfortunately be selling my CB to fund the VTX. I agree on the looking for a bike more supported on the aftermarket, price is an issue. Our daughter is in college and we help her with tuition and dorm as much as we can. I really wish I never sold my 02 1800C.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Find a bike with a lot of aftermarket stuff already on it, may pay a few bucks more but there are a lot of them out there. I have a friend selling a C with an Ultimate seat and bags, chin spoiler in Atwater Ohio

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Find a bike with a lot of aftermarket stuff already on it, may pay a few bucks more but there are a lot of them out there. I have a friend selling a C with an Ultimate seat and bags, chin spoiler in Atwater Ohio
Thx for the tip!! Got my eye on a few. Your friend in Atwater is about 4 hours from me. Thanks again! His C sounds like its a nice bike!

·
Tinkerer
1,799 Posts
Thx for the tip!! Got my eye on a few. Your friend in Atwater is about 4 hours from me. Thanks again! His C sounds like its a nice bike!

jesus freek, are you located in Ohio? I am in Central Ohio, in Fairfield County.

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
Close enough, LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts