Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for 2 years I've needed a partial knee replacement on the right knee. On Monday Nov 11th my left knee cramped up or something so bad I had to leave work and go to the ER. Tuesday morning we had a whole company meeting with management. I called after I got up Tuesday and gave my boss an update on the leg. I asked about the meeting and he informed me the company us closing the doors at the end of March and I'll be losing my insurance in April. Thursday I meet with ortho and explained what's going on and they could see my knees a lot worse. Meet with a my surgeon last Thursday and explained my situation again. He thought he didn't have anything till January but then found 1 spot open on Dec 9th(the 10th anniversary of me starting at my company). I work for a company that supplies glass to the local automotive plant. Their HR came over the other day and are going to hire most of us with a hiring bonus when the company's done.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
Gene, sorry to hear of this, but feel free to contact Indy X to get my email and phone #, and I'll be glad to help answer any questions your MD's can't. Your couple months rehab will figure into your medical costs too. DO NOT rush to get back to work before the MD clears you, unless your company has some light-duty desk type job you could handle during rehab. Doc Epiphysis is a great source of knowledge here too. Good luck, bro.

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fuman but it is good to know that you will have a job at the automotive company when your current employer closes down.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
I do have an easy desk job now as we wind down. Very little walking around required.
Gene, remind me again, of what is involved with your 'partial' knee replacement. I'm sure some things will be similar, some different, to my TKR.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gene, remind me again, of what is involved with your 'partial' knee replacement. I'm sure some things will be similar, some different, to my TKR.
They replace the inside of the lower part of thigh bone and in between where the meniscus should be? I think

·
Deplorable member
7,392 Posts
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Gene.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,371 Posts
The partial knee replacement is called a uniknee, short for unicondyle. One side of the knee is replaced, most commonly the inside or medial side. It's a great surgery that I often did as an outpatient! The patient can usually walk on it right away because it's often cemented in place. It became one of my favorite surgeries to do. You will be very pleased with the surgery...good luck! Let us know how it went. Feel free to pm me for any questions. Epi

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts