Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made me a backrest plate with a cross to match my air intake. Had some sheet metal and traced the sissy bar to get the right size. Used my Dremel to cut it out. Unfortunately, my very old and well used Dremel passed away during the process. I had replaced the brushes in it multiple times...think it just finally burnt up. (I will miss it. :() Painted it and the screws that hold the plate in, then added the cross that I found at Autozone. That's where the little cross came from over a year ago.

Just thought I'd share with ya all. ;)

Ray

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Looks good....

·
Need more road time!!
1,308 Posts
Love it!

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
Hey, I've seen that somewhere before. :D

Looks awesome Ray. I hear the sound of taps being played for that old dremel. :patriot:

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
You did a great job, looks sweet!

Those are some strange looking wood screws you have over there in Indiana! :bleh:

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
Happy Fathers Day Ray.

Reactions: bryanova

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey, I've seen that somewhere before. :D

Looks awesome Ray. I hear the sound of taps being played for that old dremel. :patriot:

Yeah...I don't think I'll be able to go long without another Dremel. Was one of my favorite tools. I'll hold on to it a little while before I bury it though. It was given to me by my Dad. :) (I'm weird like that.) :redface:

You did a great job, looks sweet!

Those are some strange looking wood screws you have over there in Indiana! :bleh:

I had to look at the pictures to see what you were talking about! Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Wood Screws! Here's another Dad story on fathers day for ya. My Dad used the wood screw container as a convenient little place for him to throw the little rocks in that he found interesting while clearing his 2 achre property over the 25 years he lived there. it sat on his work bench, and he would rarely add a new one. Only the ones he really liked. I have added 1 to it in 6 years, and it sits on my work bench now. :)

I had that on my origanal sissy bar backrest, There nice!!!
Well...how cool is that now! :cheers:

Oh! Here is another place I have that same cross.

Don't need any more though. That would be a bit overboard to me. ;)

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
Yeah...I don't think I'll be able to go long without another Dremel. Was one of my favorite tools. I'll hold on to it a little while before I bury it though. It was given to me by my Dad. :) (I'm weird like that.) :redface:

I had to look at the pictures to see what you were talking about! Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Wood Screws! Here's another Dad story on fathers day for ya. My Dad used the wood screw container as a convenient little place for him to throw the little rocks in that he found interesting while clearing his 2 achre property over the 25 years he lived there. it sat on his work bench, and he would rarely add a new one. Only the ones he really liked. I have added 1 to it in 6 years, and it sits on my work bench now. :)

Well...how cool is that now! :cheers:

Oh! Here is another place I have that same cross.

Don't need any more though. That would be a bit overboard to me. ;)

Awesome story about you dad and the rocks - Perfect timing huh?

I simply love that tattoo. One of my favorite Psalm's as well. We all should call His name!

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Looking good Ray! I liked the Dad's stories and Happy Father's Day to you and all the other dads out there. That tattoo is awesome! Personally, i'm not a fan of tattoos at all...yea right. lol

I love crosses the most.

·
2,807 Posts
:cheers::mosh::mosh::mosh:ray i love it!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Backrest plate looks fantastic Ray!! Love the story about your dad too! Happy father's day to you and to all the dad's out there!! Going to church now to get a little closer to my dad, my step-dad and my father in law who have all gone to meet our Father!

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Awesome story about you dad and the rocks - Perfect timing huh?

I simply love that tattoo. One of my favorite Psalm's as well. We all should call His name!

Thanks Z. :) I'll keep adding to the rocks and maybe one day the boys can toss em back out in the woods...or keep em on their work benches. ;)

My life's verse. (NIV)

Thanks guy's. Happy Fathers Day to you all also. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts