Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering this MaxFlo Air system for my 02 VTX 1800.

Biggest question I have is.... how is it in rain? We get everything from p.i.t.a. mist to torrential downpours here in the Northeast. I just want to be assured that the rain and wash won't screw up the filter or my injectors.

Michael

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Riding it in the rain is no problem, but if it's going to be parked outside when it might rain you'd need to cover it with something like a bag or shower cap etc. That's only because the bike leans left when on the stand so any water that does get in it while parked could run right into the engine.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight, Doug!

Heard the same thing when I called MaxFlo customer service yesterday, but it's good to hear from someone who isn't trying to sell me something.

Thanks again!

Michael

·
Sarge
643 Posts
Do you ever ride in shorts? Sounds like a dumb question I know...but I do and I would hate to get shaved by that puppy!!!!

·
Adrenaline Junkie
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you ever ride in shorts? Sounds like a dumb question I know...but I do and I would hate to get shaved by that puppy!!!!

Nope, never. Even though it won't help much, I like the thought of having at least a layer of denim between me and the pavement should something happen.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts